2019 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – AMERICAN DERBY
- Saturday, November 16 – Sunday, November 17, 2019
- 2:00-4:00 PM Local Time (U.S. Eastern Time)
- Eppley Recreation Center – College Park, MD
- Short Course Meters (SCM) format
- American franchises: Cali Condors, LA Current, DC Trident, New York Breakers
- Live Stream (ESPN3)
- Full Day 1 Results
Reported by Robert Gibbs/Jared Anderson.
WOMEN’S 100 FLY
- Kelsi Dahlia – CAC – 55.78
- Kendyl Stewart – LAC – 56.41
- Tayla Lovemore – NYB -56.93
- Farida Osman – LAC – 57.18
- Haley Black – NYB – 57.42
- Natalie Hinds – CAC – 57.68
- Remedy Rule – DCT – 57.95
- Quah Ting Wen – DCT – 58.01
Unsurprisingly, Kelsi Dahlia of the Cali Condors parlayed strong underwaters into a solid win in the first event of the day, touching in 55.78. The Current got 2nd and 4th finishes from Kendyl Stewart (56.41) and Farida Osman (57.18), with the Breakers’ Tayla Lovemore sandwiched between them with a 56.93.
A nice early win for the Condors. Dahlia improves her ISL season-best from Naples, and hits the third-fastest 100 fly time of any swimmer in the league this year. LA showed nice depth with a 2-4 finish – that’s exactly how they finished in both Group B matches as well. Not a good start for DC, which fades to 7-8. They’ll fall behind the Breakers early, who were way better than either of their Group B meets.