Swimmer of the Month: Kathleen Baker, California
• 2016 Olympic medalist set a Cal pool and dual meet record in 200 back in the Bears’ 165-135 victory over USC.
• The old mark of 1:53.94 was set by Elizabeth Pelton, who is the current American-record holder in the event.
• Is the national leader in the 200 back from Georgia Invite in December.
• This is Baker’s second career nod and Cal’s 14th all-time.
Diver of the Month: Kassidy Cook, Stanford
• 2016 Olympian Kassidy Cook won on the 1-meter at all four Pac-12 dual meets in January.
• Claimed first on the 3-meter in the Cardinal’s 190-104 win over Arizona.
• Cook’s victories helped lead the Cardinal (7-0, 6-0) to dual meet wins at Arizona State, at No. 17 Arizona, vs. No. 19 UCLA and vs. No. 4 USC.
• This is Cook’s first honor and Stanford’s 10th all-time
Swimmer of the Month: Hannah Cox, ARIZ ; Silja Kansakoski, ASU; Janet Hu, STAN; Linnea Mack, UCLA; Riley Scott, USC; Addisynn Bursch, WSU.
Diver of the Month: Rebecca Deacon, ARIZ; Maddie Witt, USC; Maria Polyakova, UCLA.
2016-17 PAC-12 WOMEN’S SWIMMER AND DIVER OF THE MONTH
|Swimmer of the Month||Diver of the Month|
|January||Kathleen Baker, California||Kassidy Cook, Stanford|
|December||Katrina Konopka, Arizona||Eloise Belanger, UCLA|
|November||Katie Ledecky, Stanford||Phoebe LaMay, California|
News courtesy of Pac-12.