2022 Gompei Invitational
- December 2-4, 2022
- Worcester, Mass.
- SCY (25 yards)
- Full Results (PDF)
Courtesy: Bryant Athletics
WORCESTER, Mass.- The Bryant swimming and diving team took overall victory on Sunday at the Gompei Invitational, leading a field of nine teams with 8037 total points. The Bulldogs won nine events on the final day of competition.
Conner Lofstrom, Julia Stenhard, Jill Carline, and Erin Doruska each won twice on the meet’s final day. The 1650 relay trio of Sammi Grenon, Natalia Kuipers, and Makayla Pearce also picked up the Bulldogs’ fourth podium sweep of the weekend.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Stenhard continued her dominant weekend, winning her seventh event with a 2:02.86 in the 200 back.
- Reagan Lord returned from North Carolina in time to win the 100 IM with a meet record time of 57.79.
- Lofstrom capped a Bulldog sweep of the 100 IM, hitting the wall first on the men’s side at 52.37.
- Stenhard won her eighth and final event of the weekend in the 200 fly, setting a meet record of 2:04.49.
- Carline and Lofstrom combined on another event sweep, this one in the 100 free. Carline swam a 51.38 while Lofstrom finished at 46.50.
- Grenon took victory in the 1650 free with a 17:07.44, heading a Bryant 1-2-3 finish with Kuipers and Pearce in second and third.
- The quarter of Carline, Doruska, Laurel Carey, and Mason Campbell won the 400 free relay with a time of 3:31.34.
- The Bulldogs concluded the day and the weekend with a win in the mixed 400 free relay. Lofstrom, Carline, Doruska, and Campbell combined to swim a 3:20.21.
- Bryant, 8,037
- WPI, 5,034
- Rowan, 4,111
- Springfield, 3,873.5
- Bentley, 3,535
- Brandeis, 3,519
- Babson, 3,276
- Clark, 1,269.5
- Merrimack, 1,169
What’s next: The Bulldogs will have some time off before returning to the Chace Pool to take on Massachussetts on January 7 for Senior Day.