Date posted: November 30, 2021
Location: 2420 Post Road, Darien, CT, USA
Imagine going to work each day knowing what you do positively influences the lives of people and community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and build a career with a future. We offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference in your community and yourself!
At the Y, we want you to feel valued in your work and confident in your potential. The Y is a diverse community that believes in you and supports you in your desire to succeed.
As the Competitive Swimming Head Coach, you are a dynamic individual who comes to work with a smile and genuinely enjoys working with athletes, parents, members, and staff. From the pool deck, you will bring your superior knowledge, skills, and leadership to effectively communicate with and guide swimmers in proper competitive swimming techniques. As a dedicated coach, you ensure a safe and enthusiastic sporting environment in which your team will thrive.
While promoting team and individual athlete goals, positive outlooks and core values, the Head Coach is continuously innovating and preparing curriculum, seasonal plans, practices, and strategies to motivate team and staff. Your focus is on developing competitive skills and teamwork as well as encouraging and leading your team at competitive meets. Your reliability and punctuality fosters trust and commitment from both team and staff.
Your top-quality skills and friendly, welcoming demeanor create positive public relations and fosters the Y’s commitment to providing a superb swim team experience.
Our commitment to you includes a competitive wage, benefits package, savings and retirement plans, paid time off, thorough training, a first-rate facility, and an individual membership to the Y! Be a part of our team and enjoy working in a great environment.
Some additional duties for the Competitive Swimming Head Coach include, but are not limited to:
- Regularly work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, or holidays.
- Perform team administrative duties including registrations, communications, website maintenance and updates.
- Know, understand, and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic areas.
- Communicate with all team members and parents regarding schedules, trainings, meets in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Aquatics Director, Assistant Coaches, and other staff to ensure proper team management and instruction.
- Coach Masters Swim Program, swim clinics and pre-team classes.
- Professional, friendly, punctual, and reliable with ability to fulfill all team coaching responsibilities.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- 5 Years Swim Coaching experience
- Must possess auditory, verbal, and visual capabilities to monitor team environment effectively.
- Current CPR/AED, Lifeguarding and/or Coaches Safety Training Certifications
- Current or obtained prior to employment: USA Registered to include Athlete Protection/Safesport Certification, Concussion Protocol, USADA/Coach Advantage Tutorial, Foundations of Coaching course, 101, 102, 103, USA swim background check.
- Additional YMCA certifications and registrations to be obtained soon after employment.
- Pass YMCA background check
- Preferred ASCA Level 1 Certification though not required.
- Sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time, including continuous physical endurance for up to two or more hours while actively coaching.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions while in indoor swimming pool areas. May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions such as heat, cold, humidity, wind while in outdoor swimming pool areas.
- Occasional local, regional, or out of state travel required.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Nicole Chiappetta, [email protected]
2420 Post Road
Darien CT, 06820