Date posted: March 17, 2021
Location: 6905 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Under the direction and supervision of the Cincinnati Aquatic Club Parent Board, the Head Coach is responsible for the overall success of the CAC Seahawk Program. This includes advancing the club toward the strategic vision and managing the program according to the established policies, procedures, and expectations of the Cincinnati Aquatic Club and USA Swimming.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following:)
- Responsible for driving the strategic vision and plans for long-term program success.
- Identifies strategic programs and measures that grow the size and talent of the club.
- Primarily responsible for overall communication with CAC Parent Board, coaching staff, facility representatives, parents, and swimmers.
- Oversees recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, and management of coaching staff.
- Leads coaching staff toward the fulfillment of team-established goals.
- Ensures practice group trainings throughout the CAC Seahawk program are conducted with efficiency, challenge, developmental progression and fun in mind.
- Motivates CAC swimmers to strive to improve their swimming, challenging them to do their best with appropriate level of training designed for their age and ability.
- Develops and monitors practice group season training plan to adequately prepare swimmers for physical and emotional growth during the particular season.
- Ensures the meet entries are effectively completed.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on recognition and team-building initiatives, determining awards criteria and assists in planning and attending post-season banquets or social events.
- Strives to improve athlete training opportunities by improving training sites and equipment.
- Communicates proactively and effectively with stakeholders to help facilitate the achievement of team-established goals and understanding of the sport of swimming.
- Administers and remains current on all legal matters that relate to swim team administration.
- Conducts behavior in a professional manner at all times while representing the Cincinnati Aquatic Club.
- Ensures team compliance with USA Swimming and insurance safety guidelines.
- Responsible for overall safety of the pool facilities, pool, pool deck, equipment storage, locker rooms, classrooms on and off site for upkeep, cleanliness and proper usage during and following program use.
- Leads, educates, and collaborates with the parent volunteers and parent volunteer committees.
- Coordinates continuing education trainings for all coaching staff to better the training environment for athletes.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of competitive swimming at the collegiate level; 10+ years of previous competitive swim coaching experience required.
- Demonstrated success as a head coach is preferred.
- An outstanding ability to lead, organize, relate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Ability to relate to swimmers of all ages and demonstrate developmental teaching methods as related to various age and skill levels.
- Ability to work varied hours based upon practice and meet times.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to take appropriate action in all situations.
CAC offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and benefits based upon experience.
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]