2017 KZNA PREMIER CHAMPS & COMMONWEALTH TRIALS
- December 16th-22nd, 2017
- Durban, South Africa
- LCM (50m)
- 2018 Commonwealth Games Trials
- Commonwealth Games Standards
- Live Results: Meet Mobile, search “KZNA Premier Champs & Commonwealth Trials”
Day 6 Qualifiers
- Jarryd Baxter, 200 IM – 2:00.99
- Ayrton Sweeney, 200 IM – 2:01.64
- Neil Fair, 200 IM – 2:04.28
- Dune Coetzee, 400 free – 4:14.53
- Kristin Bellingan, 400 free – 4:17.74
There were only two events in the open age category on Day 6 of the 2017 South African Champs (and Commonwealth Trials), but swimmers hit qualifying standards in both events.
The first event was the men’s 200 IM, where three men went faster than the qualifying time. 18-year-old Jarryd Baxter led the way with a 2:00.99, six tenths ahead of Ayrton Sweeney (2:01.64). Sweeney was the 400 IM champion earlier in the week. Neil Fair was 2:04.28 for third, also sliding under the QT.
Eben Vorster was very close to hitting the QT, going 2:04.56 for fourth, but he fell just short of the 2:04.43 standard.
In the only other open event tonight, the women’s 400 free, 15-year-old Dune Coetzee struck again for the win. She was 4:14.53, winning the event by over two seconds and easily surpassing the QT of 4:19.34. 19-year-old Kristin Bellingan was also under the QT, with a 4:17.74.