Courtesy: Iowa Athletics
IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa swimming and diving team released the details of its 2018-19 men’s and women’s schedules, it was announced Monday by head coach Marc Long.
The Hawkeyes will bring back the Hawkeye Invitational in 2018 before serving as the host institution for the men’s 2019 Big Ten Championships at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium.
- The Hawkeyes will kick off the season in East Lansing, Michigan, for a Big Ten dual against Michigan State on Sept. 27. The home opener — the annual Intrasquad Meet — will take place Sept. 29.
- After a year hiatus, the Hawkeye Invitational returns to the team’s schedule. Iowa will host the competition from Nov. 15-17 at the CRWC.
- The annual Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series matchup against Iowa State will be held Dec. 7 in Iowa City. The Hawkeye women have won eight straight duals in the series.
- Select Hawkeyes will compete in the SMU Classic in Dallas from Oct. 12-13 and the ACC/B1G Swimming & Diving Challenge from Nov. 9-11 in West Lafayette, Indiana.
- The women’s Big Ten Championships will be held in Bloomington, Indiana, from Feb. 20-23, while the men’s Big Ten Championships will be one week later in Iowa City from Feb. 27-Mar. 2. This will be the first time Iowa has hosted the meet since 2015.
- All three NCAA competitions — the NCAA Zone D Diving Championships (March 11-13), women’s NCAA Championships (March 20-23) and men’s NCAA Championships (March 27-30) — will be held in Austin, Texas.
- The Hawkeyes return seven NCAA qualifiers between the men’s and women’s squads. The quartet of Jack Smith, Matt Kamin, Joe Myhre, and Will Scott earned honorable mention All-America honors in the 200-free relay. The women’s NCAA qualifiers were Hannah Burvill, Jayah Mathews, and Thelma Strandberg.
Complete Men’s Schedule
Complete Women’s Schedule