Courtesy: Indiana Athletics
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The No. 13-ranked Indiana University water polo team completed the doubleheader sweep of Salem University on Saturday afternoon at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington, Ind.
The Hoosiers (8-2) won the first game, 22-8, before earning the victory in the second over Salem (2-8), 19-3.
KEY MOMENTS – GAME ONE
- Sophomore Zoe Crouch dominated in the first game for the Hoosiers, matching the school record with seven goals. She also matched her career-high with two steals.
- Junior Lauren Etnyre set personal-bests with four goals and three assists in the first game, while classmate Izzy Mandema also netted four scores in the victory.
- Sophomore Lanna Debow and freshman Kiki Mein each had a pair of goals for IU in the game one win, while sophomore Katherine Hawkins set a career-mark with five assists.
- Junior goalkeepers Mary Askew and Sarah Greeven combined to make 15 saves.
KEY MOMENTS – GAME TWO
- In game two, junior Tina Doherty matched the school record herself, netting seven goals in the victory, while grabbing a pair of steals.
- Etnyre had three scores, while sophomore Katherine Hawkins totaled two goals, two assists and a steal.
- Mandema and Mein had two goals each, while Crouch recorded four assists in the win.
- Askew and Greeven combined for 11 saves and four steals.
- Indiana’s 22 goals in the first game are tied for the third-most in program history, just one behind the mark of 23 set in 2019 and 2007.
- Indiana improved to 10-0 in the overall series with Salem, including a 5-0 mark this season. In the three wins this year, IU out-scored Salem, 90-26.
- The Hoosiers are a perfect 8-0 at home at the Counsilman-Billinglsey Aquatic Center this year, out-scoring their opponents a combined, 108-31.
- The No. 13 Hoosiers will host No. 6 Michigan at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington, Ind. on Mar. 13-14, 2021. The teams will play one game each day, with both scheduled for 11:00 a.m. ET starts.