MHSAA Division 2 State Meet
- Friday-Saturday, November 17-18th
- Holland Aquatic Center, Holland, MI
- Short course yards
Top 5 Team Scores
- East Grand Rapids – 396
- Dexter – 241
- Rochester Adams – 205
- Seaholm – 190
- FH Central – 174
The Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) held its State Championships for all 3 of its divisions on Friday and Saturday, November 17th and 18th. The Division 2 (holds the medium sized schools in the state) meet was held at the Holland Aquatic Center. The 3 divisions of MHSAA only refer to the Lower Peninsula of Michigan, the Upper Peninsula is basically its own division and holds its state meet in February.
East Grand Rapids Senior Ileah Doctor was the only 4-event winner of the meet, taking down 3 Division 2 MHSAA records along the way. In her first event of the day, Doctor split a 28.07 on the breaststroke leg of the 200 medley relay. The relay team of Layton, Doctor, Ward, and Lehman finished 1st with a time of 1:44.76. Despite that quick breast split, Doctor swam the 50 and 100 free individually.
In the 50 free, Ileah won by over a second, breaking her own Division 2 state record set in prelims of 22.33, going a 22.19. Her time ranks 27th on the USA Swimming all-time 50 free list for 17-18 girls nationally. Doctor also would had the fastest 50 free of all the MHSAA state meets this year.
In the 100 free, Doctor sped to a win with a 49.59, one one-hundredth of a second faster than her prelims performance, and good for a Division 2 state record. That time also was the fastest of any MHSAA state meet this past weekend.
In her final event, the 200 free relay, Doctor split a 22.01 to anchor the East Grand Rapids team to victory. The team of Lehman, E. Doctor, Levine, and I. Doctor went a 1:33.40 to break the Division 2 record. That time was yet again the fastest of any MHSAA state meet this year.
Other Event Winners:
- 200 free: Annette Schultz (Dexter) – 1:49.30
- 200 IM: Julia Boswell (Royal Oak) – 2:04.86
- 1 meter diving: Colleen Kramer (FH Central) – 424.25
- 100 fly: Felicity Buchmaier (FH Central) – 54.80
- 500 free: Lisa Lohner (Rochester Adams) – 4:59.78
- 100 back: Felicity Buchmaier (FH Central) – 55.90
- 100 breast: Marie Lehman (East Grand Rapids) – 1:04.50
- 400 free: Dexter (Zofchak, Kacmarek, Kinnard, Schultz) – 3:31.09