2019 Minnesota Girls High School State Championships
- Thursday, November 14 – Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Jean K. Freeman Aquatic Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Class A (small schools)
- Short course yards (SCY) format
- Full results available on Meet Mobile
Hutchinson sophomore Grace Hanson set two state records and won four events, but Visitation only needed one win to book a 7th-straight Minnesota state title in Class A.
Visitation picked up the 200 medley relay title to open the meet, and never looked back, winning the state meet by 68 over Hutchinson. That makes four-straight for Visitation, which has won 11 overall state titles in the Class A (small schools) division of Minnesota’s high school swimming scene.
Kali Fischer, Elinor Glass, Lucy Berg and Ava Hoffman went 1:45.64 in that relay, besting Breck by two seconds. Fischer was also second in the 200 IM (2:06.34) and Berg runner-up in the 100 fly (55.90), and Visitation was second in both of the freestyle relays.
Hutchinson sophomore Hanson was the individual standout of the meet. She tied a Class A state record in the 50 free, going 22.79 – that’s a drop of two tenths from her previous lifetime-best. Hanson also broke 50 seconds for the first time in the 100 free, going 49.83 for the state title.
She and teammates Madison Witte, Hailey Farrell and Lexi Kucera also broke a Class A state record in the 400 free relay, going 3:27.06. Hanson, Mikayla Witte, Ainslea Jensen and Kucera won the 200 free relay in 1:35.15.
Individually, Farrell won two races individually, going 2:04.10 in the 200 IM and 4:59.54 in the 500 free, though she was 4:59.15 in prelims. Kucera won the 100 fly in 55.57.
The other state record of the meet came from Delano freshman Emma Kern, who was 54.94 in the 100 back. That was a drop of six tenths from her previous lifetime-best, set at this meet a year ago.
Other event winners:
- Benilde St. Margaret’s Taylor Williams won the 200 free, going 1:49.89 ahead of Kucera.
- Rocori senior Olivia Motter won the state diving title, scoring 418.30.
- Richfield’s Hannah Hintermeister won the 100 breast in 1:04.41.
Top 5 Teams:
- Visitation – 318
- Hutchinson – 250
- Delano / Sauk Centre (tie) – 145
- Breck – 125