A unique opportunity to work with the best in Aquatics, Rowdy Gaines a three time Olympic gold medalist and member of the International Swimming Hall of Fame has joined the YMCA of Central Florida as the Vice President of Aquatics. He is transforming the Aquatics program in our Association for the future.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Aquatics, the Association Head Swim Coach provides leadership and management of all Family Center swim team programming within the Association. The Association Head Swim Coach works with Family Center Vice Presidents, Executive Directors and Aquatics Directors to develop and execute swim team programs, thereby achieving strategic goals of increasing swim team programming and participation throughout our communities.
DEVELOP AND GROW PROGRAM PARTICIPATION:
- Develop programming and training to build a high caliber Association swim team organization with a goal of achieving local, regional, and national recognition levels.
- Create and implement swim team programs and training plans with an effort to allow participants to follow a continuum from youth to adult swim team participation.
- Oversee seasonal progression of athletes and monitor phases of development with individual swimmers, taking into consideration cognitive, behavioral and motor skill development.
- Plan and execute competitive aquatic events at Family Centers across the Association. Recruit top coaches, athletes and former athletes to participate in and assist with Association sponsored clinics and events.
- Plan each season’s meet and travel schedule consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, and athletes and their families.
- Manage swim team travel arrangements, including creating and managing the travel budget, transportation and lodging, selection of chaperones, and supervision of staff.
ESTABLISH AND IMPLEMENT A PROGRAM PLAN:
- Ensure proper implementation of swim team schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for program participants/staff connections. Collaborate and work effectively with all departments to achieve desired results.
- Identify and employ best practices in systems and technology to support effective management of swim team programming.
- Monitor daily operations to adhere to all federal, state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies.
PREPARE AND MANAGE THE BUDGET:
Collaborate with the VP of Aquatics, Family Center VPs, Executive Directors & Aquatics Directors to plan and manage the swim team programming budget. Control payroll and department purchasing costs within the budget and financial guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; sports management, recreation management, or related field of study preferred
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 4 or higher certification required.
- Coach in good standing with USA Swimming required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in staff supervision and leadership preferred, including supervision of multiple locations and/or management level employees.
- YMCA Aquatics programming or operations experience a plus.
- Experience with swim meet and team management software, such as TeamUnify or HY-TEK, required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experiences a plus.
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current Oxygen Administration certification required.
- Current Lifeguard certification required. (YMCA Lifeguard certification preferred; Red Cross Lifeguard certification is acceptable, but must receive YMCA certification within 60 days).
$70,000 – $90,000
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the Y of Central Florida provides an excellent working environment and great benefits, including:
- Affordable and excellent quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options)
- Long Term Disability provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- Free YMCA membership for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Generous paid time off package.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals.
How to Apply:
Resumes accepted until 6/30/2014.
Email your resume and salary history to: Peggy Smith Sr. HR Business Partner at [email protected]
For additional information about our Association please visit our website at: www.CentralFloridaYMCA.org
(Note: Please refer to the job title when applying for this job. “Central Florida Metro YMCA – Association Head Swim Coach”)