2019 TENNESSEE INVITATIONAL
- November 21st-24th, 2019
- Alan Jones Aquatic Center, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- SCY, Prelims/Finals
- Meet Details
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
- Results on MeetMobile: 2019 UT Invite
Kate Douglass isn’t the only freshman making waves at the Tennessee Invitational. Georgia freshman Zoie Hartman swam a 58.27 in the women’s 100 breast final on Friday evening, which made her the top collegiate swimmer and 2nd behind only pro swimmer Molly Hannis in the final.
Hartman’s time is an NCAA Automatic Qualifying Time, and lifts her into 22nd place in the all-time rankings in the event. The time also makes her the 5th-fastest freshman in the history of the event.
Best Freshmen Times Ever, Women’s 100 Yard Breaststroke:
- Lilly King, Indiana, 2016 – 56.85
- Sophie Hansson, NC State, 2019 – 57.74
- Lindsey Kozelsky, Minnesota, 2017 – 58.03
- Miranda Tucker, Indiana, 2016 – 58.10
- Zoie Hartman, Georgia, 2019 – 58.27
- Alexis Wenger, Virginia, 2019 – 58.31
In the process, she beat out freshmen Emily Weiss, who was 3rd in 59.00; freshman Kate Douglass, who was 4th in 59.53, and Virginia sophomore Alexis Wenger, who was 5th in 59.64. Hartman displaced Wenger from that 5th-place position.
Hartman is still 18th until December 20th, and so this swim also ranks her 2nd all-time in the 17-18 age group, behind only a 58.10 done by Miranda Tucker during her freshman season at Indiana.