2016 BRITISH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS/OLYMPIC TRIALS
- Tuesday, April 12th – Sunday, April 17th
- Tollcross International Swimming Center, Glasgow, Scotland
- Prelims at 10am local/6am EDT; Finals at 6:30pm local/1:30pm EDT
- British Swimming 2016 Olympic Games Selection Policy
- Live Streaming
- DRAFT Psych Sheet
- Start Lists/Results
The full selection policy is linked in the meet outline above. At a high level, the first place finisher of each individual event automatically qualifies for that specific individual event provided he/she swims a time at or below the first qualification time listed by each event in our recaps.
If the first place swimmer does not meet or exceed that qualifying time, then the athlete may be considered for selection as long as he/she falls within 2% of the 2nd time listed by each event. Runners-up also must be within 2% of the 2nd qualification time in order to be considered for selection. You can read more about the policy here.
With the aforementioned applied, here is how things shape up after Day 1 of the 2016 British Championships:
Possible Consideration (1st or 2nd place and within 2% of consideration standard)
- Ross Murdoch, 100 breaststroke
- Stephen Milne, 400 freestyle
- Aimee Willmott, 400 IM