ELMHURST, Ill. – Denver’s Kyle Robrock was named Summit League Men’s Swimmer of the Week while teammate Johanna Roas earned Women’s Swimmer of the Week award for their performances during the week of Jan. 25-31.
KYLE ROBROCK, DENVER
Jr. // Savage, Minn.
- Named Summit League Swimmer of the Week for the second time this season and second time of his career
- In dual meet win over Utah, collected four first-place finishes (two individual, two relay)
- Tallied two more victories (50 Fly, 200 Free relay) and two second-place finishes (50 Free, 200 Medley relay) in dual vs. Air Force
- In total, he won six-of-eight events in which he participated in while finishing in second in the remaining two events
Also nominated: Steve Fishman, Eastern Illinois; Samir Almhiemid, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Oct. 13 – Hunter Padgett, South Dakota; Oct. 20 – Wyatt Rumrill, South Dakota State; Oct. 27 – Ray Bornman, Denver; Nov. 3 – Lennart Kuester, IUPUI; Nov. 10 – Dylan Bunch, Denver; Nov. 17 – Ben Bolinske, South Dakota State; Nov. 24 – Jon Stoller, IUPUI; Dec. 8 – Kyle Robrock, Denver; Jan. 12 – Anton Loncar, Denver; Jan. 19 – Dylan Bunch, Denver; Jan. 26 – Ben Bolinske, South Dakota State
JOHANNA ROAS, DENVER
Jr. // Munich, Germany
- Collected her third Summit League Swimmer of the Week award of the season and fifth of her career
- Recorded four first-place finishes in Denver’s dual meet victory over University of Utah
- Won the 50 Free (23.61), 200 Free (1:52.08) and 200 IM (2:05.63)
- Swam the butterfly leg of the winning 200 Medley relay team
Also nominated: Kaylee Morris, Eastern Illinois; Erica Hagen, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Oct. 13 – Quinn Fawcett, South Dakota; Oct. 20 – Johanna Roas, Denver; Oct. 27 – Amanda Sanders, Denver; Nov. 3 – Morgan Stepp, Omaha; Nov. 10 – Johanna Roas, Denver; Nov. 17 – Kristin Erf, South Dakota State; Nov. 24– Miranda Buha, IUPUI; Dec. 8 – Amanda Sanders, Denver; Jan. 12 – Maddie Myers, Denver; Jan. 19 – Maddie Myers, Denver; Jan. 26 – Morgan McCormick, Denver
Swimming news courtesy of Summit League.