CHINESE OLYMPIC TRIALS #1
- Friday, April 30th – Saturday, May 8th
- Qingdao, China
- Primary Olympic Qualifier
- LCM (50m)
- Results via Asian Media
Through 4 days of competition at the Chinese Olympic Trials #1, additional names now appear on the tentative Chinese Olympic qualifiers list from Qingdao.
Among them is world champion Xu Jiayu who powered his way to a 100m backstroke qualifying time of 52.88, while teammate Ji Xinjie cranked out a qualifying time of 1:46.55 to notch his name onto the list of individual qualifiers in the men’s 200m free.
The women’s 200m free saw a monster performance by Yang Junxuan. The 19-year-old freestyle ace broke the Asian continental record in the event, stopping the clock in a time of 1:54.87 to become the 8th fastest performer all-time worldwide.
The competition continues through Saturday, May 8th.
Chinese Olympic Qualifiers in Individual Events:
- Wang Shun – men’s 400m IM, 200m free
- Yu Yiting – women’s 400m IM, 200m IM
- Zhang Yufei – women’s 100m fly
- Yan Zibei – men’s 100m breast
- Li Bingjie – women’s 400m free, 200m free, 1500m free
- Tang Muhan – women’s 400m free
- Ji Xinjie – men’s 200m free
- Chen Jie – women’s 100m back
- Peng Xuwei – women’s 100m back
- Xu Jiayu – men’s 100m back
- Tang Qianting – women’s 100m breast
- Yang Junxuan – women’s 200m free
- Chen Xinyi – women’s 200m IM
- Wang Jianjiahe – women’s 1500m free