2016 RIO PARALYMPIC GAMES
- Wednesday, September 7 – Sunday, September 18, 2016
- Swimming: Thursday, September 8 – Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Olympic Aquatics Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Prelims 9:30 AM / Finals 5:30 PM (local time)
- IPC World Records
- Live stream links: NBC / IPC
China has cracked 40 total swimming medals just 4 days in to the 2016 Rio Paralympics, leading all nations by 11.
China has won 16 golds as well as 16 silvers, with 9 bronze to boot. That’s just 17 medals shy of the nation’s entire total in 2012, when it won the final medal table by 21 medals.
The nation has already won more silvers than it did in London, and is just eight shy of equaling its 2012 gold medal haul with 6 days of racing yet to go.
Meanwhile the Ukraine is up to 11 total golds, with the United States 3rd in gold medals at 6. Great Britain is 3rd in total medals, hauling in 19 overall but just 4 gold.
Medal Table Through Sunday
|Great Britain & N. Ireland||4||6||9||19|