2016 MIZZOU INVITE
- Live results
- Hosted by University of Missouri
- Thursday, November 17th to Saturday, November 19th
- 25 yards
- Invite format
Thursday it was Andrew Sansoucie. Yesterday it was Fabian Schwingenschloegl. Today, Michael Chadwick became the third Missouri senior in as many days to put down a notable time at the Mizzou Invite. His 41.80 in prelims was the fastest 100 free time in NCAA swimming this season until Caeleb Dressel dropped a 41.6 this evening, and Chadwick was just a bit off his morning time in finals, still easily winning with a 41.85.
All together, the Missouri seniors have three-fourths of a medley relay with times that’d be the envy of just about every other school in the nation. Right now, it appears that, if the Tigers can get a backstroker into the 45-mid range, they could put themselves into contention for the 400 medley relay title in March, should Texas or California falter.
In other events tonight:
- Missouri swimmers won both mile races. Kira Zubar won her 2nd event of the meet, touching in 16:03.37, while Nicholas Davis won in 15:09.06.
- Carter Griffin won the 200 back by over two seconds. His time of 1:40.67 is a new personal best for him. On the women’s side, fellow Tiger Hannah Stevens took the win in 1:51.73.
- Drury’s Wen Xu interrupted Missouri’s winning streak by picking up a win in the 100 free with a time of 49.33.
- Fabian Schwingenschloegl got his 2nd win this week, touching 1:53.34 for the fastest time in the NCAA this season. Yet another Missouri swimmer, Katharine Ross, took the 200 breast in 2:10.47.
- Sharli Brady won her 3rd event of the meet with a 1:56.47 in the 200 fly. The Missouri junior had victories in the 200 IM and 400 IM earlier in the meet.
- Canadian Olympian Mack Darragh, who used to swim for Missouri but is swimming unattached here, just touched out Drury’s Jun Han Kim in the 200 fly, winning 1:44.26 to 1:44.27.
- In the final event of the evening, the 400 free relay, the Missouri women won in 3:17.32. The Missouri men also wrapped up the meet with a victory. Chadwick anchored in 41.56, resulting in an overall time of 3:52.17