7th FINA World Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
Friday, 23 August 2019
Day 4 Prelims heat sheets
16-year-old Giulia Salin of Italy has withdrawn from heats of the women’s 400 free. She was the eighth seed entered with a time of 4:10.13. Salin picked up a bronze medal in the 800 free on Day Two of 2019 World Junior Championships, finishing behind Australia’s Lani Pallister (8:22.49 for a Championship Record) and Japan’s Miyu Namba (8:27.24) with 8:28.99. That was just a tick faster than the 8:29.11 she went to win the 800 free with a Championship Record at 2019 European Junior Championships. Salin is seeded second in the 1500 free whose final will be swum on Saturday evening. Both Pallister and Salin are expected to swim in heats of the 400 free, and then again in the 1500 free on Saturday.
Blake Manoff of USA, who was only scheduled to swim the 100m fly in the original Entries Book, was added to the 50m fly heats and is swimming in lane 6 of heat 8 –or the position of the 12th seed– with an entry time of 24.36.
In the men’s 800 free relay, neither Canada nor Ukraine will field teams in prelims.
Friday morning’s events:
- Women’s 50m Backstroke – no scratches in circle-seeded heats
- Men’s 50m Butterfly – no scratches in circle-seeded heats
- Women’s 400m Freestyle – #8 Giulia SALIN (ITA)
- Men’s 200m Breaststroke – no scratches in circle-seeded heats
- Women’s 200m Individual Medley – no scratches in circle-seeded heats
- Men’s 4x 200m Freestyle – Canada, Ukraine
Heats begin at 9:30 a.m. local time in Budapest (3:30 EDT / 12:30 PDT).