2018 Argentina National Championships & South American Games Qualifier
- April 25th-28th, 2018
- CENARD, Argentina
- Live Results
American Breeja Larson won her 2nd event and Guido Buscaglia stamped his ticket to the South American Championships on day 3 in Argentina.
Larson swam a 2:31.04 in finals of the women’s 200 breaststroke, which marked her 2nd win of the week and adds to an earlier victory in the 50 breaststroke (31.64). This time, however, she was unchallenged by either of Argentina’s best breaststrokers. Macarena Ceballos was disqualified in prelims after failing to report to her race in time, while the National Record holder Julia Sebastian isn’t swimming at this week’s championships.
In the men’s 50 free, 22-year old Guido Buscaglia swam a 22.53, which snuck under the requisite time to qualify for the South American Championships. That’s just slower than his personal best of 22.46 that was done to tie for 11th at last year’s World University Games (alonside American Dillon Virva).
Robert Strelkov was the fastest swimmer in prelims of the 50 free with a 22.75, but after hitting that South American Games qualifying time, he focused on the 100 fly in finals. The result was a 2nd win of the meet, topping the 100 fly in 53.27 – another South American Championships qualifying time.
Day 1, 2, & 3 Argentina Qualifiers for the South American Championships:
- Robert Strelkov, 50 fly, 23.82 (NR)
- Macarena Ceballos, 50 breast, 31.94
- Gabriel Morelli, 100 breast, 1:01.84
- Federico Grabich, 200 free, 1:47.56
- Cecilia Biagioli, 800 free, 8:46.74
- Agustin Hernandez, 100 back, 55.85
- Federico Grabich, 100 back, 55.88 (prelims)
- Virginia Bardach Martin, 400 IM, 4:47.43
- Guido Buscaglia, 50 free, 22.53
- Robert Strelkov, 50 free, 22.75 (prelims)
- Robert Strelkov, 100 fly, 53.27