2021 FHSAA 3A District Championships
The championship series for Florida high school swimming is well underway, with 3A and 4A teams competing in their respective District Championships across the state and the Class 1A and 2A school completing their regional meets.
Class 3A will now compete in the four Region meets (Nov. 1-6) to determine the qualifiers for the State Championships. Here are the four top qualifiers for each Region meet out of the respective districts:
- 3A Region 1 selection/psych sheets (District 1-3)
- 3A Region 2 selection/psych sheets (District 4-6)
- 3A Region 3 selection/psych sheets (District 7-9)
- 3A Region 4 selection/psych sheets (District 10-12)
FHSAA CLASS 3A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS
- District 1: Niceville girls, A Crawford Mosley boys
- District 2: Lawton Chiles girls, Lawton Chiles boys
- District 3: Ponte Vedra girls, Duncan U Fletcher boys
- District 4: Lake Minneola girls, New Smyrna Beach boys
- District 5: Land O Lakes girls, JW Mitchell boys
- District 6: Freedom girls, Freedom boys
- District 7: Southeast girls, Jesuit boys
- District 8: Saint Petersburg girls, Osceola boys
- District 9: Naples girls, Barron Collier boys
- District 10: Martin County girls, Martin County boys
- District 11: Saint Thomas girls, Saint Thomas boys
- District 12: Our Lady of Lourdes girls, Belen Jesuit Prep boys
CLASS 3A DISTRICT HIGHLIGHTS
District 2 saw Lawton Chiles High School seniors Stella Watts and Lydia Hanlon pace a pair of events each among all Region 1 districts (1-3), both nearing AA-C cuts.
Watts swept the girls’ 200 free (1:52.59) and 500 free (4:58.52), while Hanlon was the fastest in the girl’s 100 back (56.33) and 100 fly (56.73).
Fleming Island’s Maryn McDade paced the girls’ 50 free (24.04) and 100 free (52.96) out of District 3 which were the fastest times in the region.
On the boys’ side, District 2 saw Gainesville’s Aidan Fuller put up a pair of notable swims in the 200 and 500 freestyle, clocking respective times of 1:41.86 and 4:35.92 to lead the field into the Region meet.
Countryside High School had some of the top swimmers out of Region 3, with junior Summer Cardwell dominating the girls’ 200 free (1:51.28) and 100 fly (55.67) at the District 8 Championships.
Fellow Countryside junior Andrew Taylor registered an AA-C cut of 4:31.78 in the boys’ 500 free, and also topped the boys’ 200 IM (1:54.32).
Port St. Lucie High senior Sarah Evans clocked an AA-C cut of 55.71 in the girls’ 100 back at District 10, and also won the 100 free (52.31) to make her the only swimmer with two top seeds heading into the Region 4 meet.
The Saint Thomas Aquinas largely dominated District 11, with male first-year Alex Mansur claiming a pair of top seeds for the Region 4 meet in the 100 free (48.45) and 200 free (1:44.22).
Sebastian River junior and NC State commit Mitchell Ledford snuck under 50 seconds in the boys’ 100 fly (49.99) at the District 10 Championships, while Mater Academy Charter senior Victor Valdez put up a pair of region-leading times from District 12 in the 200 IM (2:01.61) and 100 breast (59.85).