2018 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 14th – Saturday, March 17th
- McCorkle Aquatic Pavillion — Columbus, OH
- Prelims 9AM/Finals 5PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Stanford (results)
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPNU
- Championship Central
- Event-by-Event Previews
- Psych Sheet
- Saturday Prelims Heat Sheet
- Live Results
After dropping over 15 seconds to win the 2018 Big Ten Championships in 15:43.34, Penn State’s Ally McHugh dropped another 7 seconds to go 15:36.27 Saturday night. Her win at Big Ten’s was Penn State’s first in the 1650 since 1994.
With that swim, she becomes the #8 performer of all-time, knocking Wendy Trott out of the top 10.
McHugh was 4:46.49 at the 500 and 9:30.09 at the 1000-mark.
McHugh took second to Katie Ledecky, who was on pace to break her own American record for much of the race, but fell off to a 15:07.57 finish — the #3 performance of all-time.
Top 10 All-time Performers: Women’s 1650
Top 10 All-time Performances: Women’s 1650