THIS WEDNESDAY at 3pm EST, we will discuss what “returning to swimming” could look like when it happens… and offer suggestions on how teams and families can prepare for the unexpected.
The discussion will be between Joel Shinofield – USA Swimming’s Managing Director of Sport Development; David Arluck Founder of Fitter and Faster; Mel Stewart – Co-Founder of SwimSwam; and Tyler Clary – Olympic Gold Medalist and Director of Marketing for Fitter and Faster.
Topics we will discuss include:
- What is the role of USA Swimming, the LSCs, your leagues, your teams and each of us as individuals
- Questions that coaches, team owners, swim parents and swimmers should be asking themselves… and challenging themselves to solve
- Deciphering between likely and unlikely scenarios
- Effectively communicating with your membership
- Setting and managing expectations for your staff, your membership… and yourself
- The financial health of teams and their membership
- Physical and mental preparedness of coaches, swimmers and parents
- Can we actually be growing interest in our sport during this time?
- Preparing for the unexpected: Creating a variety of scenarios that can be planned for (related to facility availability, practice sizes, competition, finances, seasonal planning & more)
If you’re concerned about any of these topics – tune in! We’re going to dig in.
SIGN UP OR FITTER AND FASTER’S SWIM VIDEOS ON DEMAND
ABOUT FITTER AND FASTER
Fitter & Faster Swim Camps feature the most innovative teaching platforms for competitive swimmers of all levels. Camps are produced year-round throughout the USA and Canada. All camps are led by elite swimmers and coaches. Visit fitterandfaster.com to find or request a swim camp near you.
Instagram – @fitterandfasterswimtour
Facebook – @fitterandfastertour
Twitter – @fitterandfaster