CHINESE OLYMPIC TRIALS #1
- Friday, April 30th – Saturday, May 8th
- Qingdao, China
- Primary Olympic Qualifier
- LCM (50m)
- Results via Asian Media
Through 6 days of competition at the marathon meet that is these Chinese Olympic Trials #1, the list of individually qualified athletes continues to grow.
27-year-old Wang Shun is among the swimmers who have added a 3rd event to his Tokyo lineup. The man who took bronze in the 200m IM at the last Olympic Games in Rio will have a chance to improve upon that result again this summer, having clinched a berth in that highly competitive event. That is tossed into bag along with his individual 400m IM and 200m free qualifications as well.
Young Li Bingjie is another 3-event athlete through 6 days of competition, with the freestyle ace having wrangled up roster spots in the 200m, 400m and 1500m free.
World champion Xu Jiayu added the 200m back to his 100m back qualification, while Yan Zibei missed out on adding the 200m breast to his already-qualified event of the 100m distance.
Chinese Olympic Qualifiers in Individual Events:
- Wang Shun – men’s 400m IM, 200m free, 200m IM
- Yu Yiting – women’s 400m IM, 200m IM
- Zhang Yufei – women’s 100m fly, 200m fly
- Yan Zibei – men’s 100m breast
- Li Bingjie – women’s 400m free, 200m free, 1500m free
- Tang Muhan – women’s 400m free
- Ji Xinjie – men’s 200m free
- Chen Jie – women’s 100m back
- Peng Xuwei – women’s 100m back
- Xu Jiayu – men’s 100m back, 200m back
- Tang Qianting – women’s 100m breast
- Yang Junxuan – women’s 200m free, 100m free
- Chen Xinyi – women’s 200m IM
- Wang Jianjiahe – women’s 1500m free
- Yu Liyan – women’s 200m fly
- Yu Jingyao – women’s 200m breast
- Wu Qingfeng – women’s 100m free
- Qin Haiyang – men’s 200m IM