2021 PRO SWIM SERIES – INDIANAPOLIS (#4)
- May 12 – 15, 2021
- IU Natatorium, Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims: 9 am/Finals 6 pm EST
- Meet Central
- Psych Sheet (Updated)
- Pre-Scratch Timeline
- Live Stream (USA Swimming)
- Live Stream (Olympic Channel)
- Live Results
- Friday Prelims Heat Sheet
Men’s 200 freestyle top seed Dean Farris has scratched out of the event for Day 3 prelims from the fourth and final stop of the 2021 Pro Swim Series in Indianapolis, instead opting to race the 100 fly on the penultimate day of competition.
Farris was entered with his personal best of 1:46.45, set at the 2019 U.S. Summer Nationals, and now heads into the 100 fly where he’s ranked 17th – after a scratch from #3 seed Marius Kusch.
On Thursday, Farris tied for ninth in the 100 free in a time of 49.58, resetting his season-best for the second time of the day after going 49.89 in the prelims.
Also opting out of the men’s 200 free as a top eight seed was Khader Baqlah, who was entered seventh in 1:47.70.
In the 100 fly, Kusch was entered third at 51.35, and this was his only scheduled event of the meet.
Like Kusch, fellow German and Team Elite swimmer Jacob Heidtmann has dropped the men’s 400 IM, where he was the second seed, in what was his only entry of the competition.
Alex Walsh has dropped two of her three entries for the day, opting out of the 400 IM (#5 seed) and 100 fly (#17 seed) in favor of the 200 backstroke, where she comes in ranked second to world record holder Regan Smith.
Remedy Rule does not appear to be present at the meet, scratching out of both the 200 free and 100 fly after doing so in the 200 fly on Thursday.
Shaine Casas was originally entered as the top seed in the men’s 200 back, but is absent on the most recently updated version of the psych sheets (found at the top).
Women’s 200 Free
Men’s 200 Free
Women’s 200 Back
- 11. Noelle Kaufmann, 2:13.23
Men’s 200 Back
- 24. Quintin McCarty, 2:05.57
Women’s 400 IM
- 5. Alex Walsh, 4:42.14 – will swim 200 back
Men’s 400 IM
- 2. Jacob Heidtmann, 4:12.40
- 9. Matthew Fenlon, 4:23.45 – will swim 200 free, 100 fly
- 15. AJ Bornstein, 4:38.17
- 18. Josh Matheny, 4:43.11
Women’s 100 Fly
- 16. Remedy Rule, 59.56
- 17. Alex Walsh, 59.58 – will swim 200 back
- 26. Emma Sticklen, 1:00.35
- 29. Miranda Tucker, 1:00.52
- 41. Noelle Kaufmann, 1:01.98
Men’s 100 Fly