Wichita Swim Club (WSC) is seeking an outstanding and experienced Head Coach to join its nationally respected competitive program. WSC has a 60 year history in United States Swimming with notable success on the national and international level. Candidates must be a visible, energetic, and ethical leader who has a passion for the sport, the ability to communicate and represent WSC on a local and national level.
The Head Coach will have overall responsibility for all aspects of our competitive program with direct coaching responsibilities for the National team and at least one entry level competitive squad. The Head Coach will be responsible for carrying out WSC policies, and promoting the behaviors consistent with WSC’s mission and values. Further, the Head Coach will actively interface with the Board of Directors and the Board Committee Chairs, facilitate meetings, implement and monitor programs and initiatives, and provide reports on WSC activities and programs.
A successful candidate will be one who can foster a spirit of respect among employees and WSC members. This person shall provide visionary leadership and sound guidance in taking WSC forward. The Head Coach must be able to develop, maintain and promote a management philosophy that culminates in Member satisfaction and employee engagement, while consistently achieving the mandates of the annual/long term financial and strategic plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE
– Oversee all levels of swimming
– Directly coach National Squad and one of the groups of the entry level competitive squad
– Educate and supervise all coaches
– Assist and guide athletes through the collegiate recruitment process
– Be proficient with Hy-Tek software and Daktronics Timing System and Scoreboard
– Acquire and maintain necessary certifications including Certified Pool Operator.
– Maintain all health, safety and legal standards required by OSHA, State and local Health Department codes and ordinances
– Ensure the facilities and the pool are kept meticulously clean, presentable and fully operational at all times
– Oversee special events at the pool
– Perform any other duties as required
– Handle community, Missouri Valley Swimming and USA Swimming relationships
– Establish meet schedule and practice schedule
– Handle coaching staff personnel issues including employment choices
– Co-Lead with the Director of Business Operations weekly staff meetings
– Serve as a member of the WSC Board of Directors in accordance with the Club’s Bylaws
– Prepare a monthly coaches report for Board of Directors and Director of Business Operations
– Possession of a bachelor’s degree in recreation or related field or any equivalent combination of accepted education and experience that would provide the above knowledge, abilities, and skills Minimum of 7 years coaching experience at the high school, collegiate, and/or competitive USA club level required
– Minimum of 5 years proven leadership in a head coach or supervisory capacity required
– Strong knowledge of philosophy, principles, and practices of independent aquatic programs and USA Swimming programs
– Certifications in work unit specific areas include: USA Swimming, CPR/AED and Safety Training for Swim
– Level 4 ASCA certification or higher preferred
– Must be a member in good standing with USA Swimming
– Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills
– Experience with Team Unify, Hytek software and Daktronics Timing System and Scoreboard a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Email Resume, list of references, documentation of a current USA Swimming Background Check clearance, certificate of completion of the Athlete Protection Training and a cover letter which explains your coaching philosophy to [email protected]
May 31st, 2015
ABOUT WICHITA SWIM CLUB
The Wichita Swim Club (WSC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to competitive swimming serving swimmers from all over the Wichita and south central Kansas area. WSC is a member of USA Swimming. WSC is also a member of the Missouri Valley Swimming Local Swim Committee (LSC), a subset of the USA Swimming organization. WSC has a rich history, having trained four Olympians and numerous team members for international competition. WSC enjoys owning its own 50 m indoor facility and hosting numerous invitational and LSC Championship meets.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Wichita Swim Club.