Director of Operations with a diving background, Graduate Assistant
University of Missouri Swimming & Diving Team
The University of Missouri Swimming & Diving Team seeks a part-time (20 hr/week, 0.5 FTE) Graduate Assistant. Successful candidates must demonstrate excellent communication, teamwork, time management, and organizational skills. A graduate student in this position must have demonstrated abilities in administrative tasks and organization. A professional attitude is also essential in working with members of the service industry while planning travel. A background in the sport of diving is preferred.
- Coordinate team travel for upwards of 60 people at a time, including hotels, per diem disbursement, meals, ground transportation, flights, etc.
- Research travel options in-depth to find best fit, variety and pricing of accommodations.
- Collaborate with coaches on team logistics
- Available to assist coaches in miscellaneous team operations throughout the year and daily. Among them are recruiting databases, awards ceremonies, expense reports, and team activities.
- Film competitions and label videos.
- Communicate as needed with other departments within athletics.
- Supervise team managers and assist in spirit activities.
- Extensive background in the sport of diving
- Former NCAA Division I diver
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Display attention to details
- Basic knowledge of Outlook, Excel, & Word
- Positive attitude with an ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to serve in a broad variety of roles as needed
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- The ideal candidate will be available to retain this position for 2 years
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume here: [email protected]
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI
The University of Missouri was founded in 1839 in Columbia, Mo., as the first public university west of the Mississippi River and the first state university in Thomas Jefferson’s Louisiana Purchase territory. Today, MU is a $2.1 billion enterprise and an important investment for the state and nation.
Mizzou has a diverse enrollment with 35,000 students from every county in Missouri, every state in the nation and 120 countries. The favorite classroom for the best and brightest, Mizzou attracts more valedictorians, Curators Scholars and Bright Flight Scholars than any other college or university in Missouri. Twenty-six percent of MU freshmen come from the top 10 percent of their high school classes.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of the University of Missouri.