Somerset Valley YMCA is seeking an Associate Director to assist with running the highly successful Swim Team. The team consists of over 450 swimmers with a budget size of $650,000 which operates out of a 20,000 square foot aquatics facility in Bridgewater, NJ with a 10-lane lap pool and various regional satellite facilities.
* Co-manage the most advanced 11-12 practice group in program along with the Director of Competitive Aquatics including season planning, group communication, and writing workouts/covering practices and meets.
* Assist with all other age and practice groups (15-18’s, 13-14’s, 11-12’s, 10/U’s) with writing workouts/covering practices and meets.
* Assist in management of competitive Swim Team program including focusing on development of competitive skills as well as teamwork, persistence, positive attitude, and core values.
* Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, developing, scheduling and directing coaching staff and volunteers as needed.
* Assist with accurately entering swim meet information and assist with communicating to parents in a timely, professional manner.
* Assist management team with monitoring daily pool operations to adhere to state to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety regulations.
* Assist in securing and scheduling pool facilities.
* Build effective, authentic relationships with community partners, parents and program participants.
* Assist in working with the Swim Team Parents Organization to promote and support the swim team
* Assist with creating, targeting, and distributing marketing of program information.
* Assist in developing/monitoring program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
* Maintain knowledge of industry trends and safety regulations.
* Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events as assigned.
* Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures including emergency safety procedures.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* Coach in good standing with USA Swimming
* Minimum of 1-3 years of coaching experience with various age groups
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and motivational skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of social media platforms
* ASCA certification (Level 1 or higher preferred) a plus
* Competitive swimming experience a plus
* Experience with swim meet and team management software such as Team Manager, Meet Manager, or Team Unify a plus
* Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid certifications
* Current Oxygen Administration certification
* Current Lifeguard certification
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, retirement and paid time off. Complimentary YMCA membership and staff program discounts.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume, cover letter and 3 references to [email protected]
ABOUT SOMERSET VALLEY YMCA
The Somerset Valley YMCA strives to enable swimmers to grow as individuals, achieve their goals as swimmers and expand their overall potential in a nurturing, safe, yet demanding environment. In doing so, we develop enthusiastic, dedicated swimmers who are capable of responding to the demands of a highly competitive program. As six (6) time New Jersey State YMCA Champions, we strive to remain a top-level USA Swimming Silver medal program and to become a highly competitive swimming force at both the regional and national levels.
Swimming Job / Swimming News couresy of Somerset Valley YMCA.