***This position has been filled***
Pacific Swimming seeks office manager.
Supports Pacific Swimming operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
1. Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing
payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving
supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
2. Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and
equipment procurement. Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards
and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
3. Performs bookkeeping duties with Treasurer oversight.
4. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
5. Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
6. Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
7. Responsible for annual staff evaluations.
8. Authors announcements and public communications.
9. Responds to customer inquiries and complaints.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results and reports as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Communication Skills-Written and Verbal
Promoting Process Improvement
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT/EXPERIENCE
BA/BS with 5+ years of relevant experience and at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
AA with 7+ years of relevant experience and at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter and resume to John Bitter at [email protected]
ABOUT PACIFIC SWIMMING
Pacific Swimming, the third largest of USA Swimming’s 59 regional associations, is made up of over 120 swim clubs and more than 16,000 swimmers. While our membership is centered around California’s San Francisco Bay Area, our territory also includes the coastal counties of Northern California from Monterey to the Oregon border, the Stockton-Modesto area of California’s Central Valley, and the Reno-Carson City-Lake Tahoe area on the California-Nevada border.
Our annual meet schedule includes more than 100 meets–from interclub dual meets to major regional, national, and international competitions. Athletes who have been affiliated with Pacific Swimming include Olympians Matt Biondi, Pablo Morales, Jenny Thompson, Mark Spitz, Dana Vollmer, Natalie Coughlin, Ben Wildman-Tobriner, Anthony Ervin, Scott Weltz, Nathan Adrian, Caitlin Leverenz and Julia Smit.
While we are proud of our Olympians and recordholders, we’re also proud to rank third amongst all other LSCs for our number of nonathlete members – our coaches, officials, and volunteers that put in long hours to ensure excellence at all levels of our program.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Pacific Swimming.