Eagle Swimming Association (ESA), a USA swimming Bronze Medal Club in Atascocita, TX (Northeast Houston, Gulf Swimming LSC) is looking for an energetic age group coach that will work with multiple age levels 14 and under, with a primary focus on TAGS level 10 and under athletes and A level 11-12 athletes with a main objective on improved technique and allowing swimmers to build capacity for training while preparing these athletes for our junior program.
This opportunity is perfect for a coach who wants to work with a solid, driven group of youngsters who already have a very strong technical foundation and have begun to achieve at the Texas state level and Gulf Swimming Level. Also, our swim team is located in the Best Large District in Texas award recipient, Humble Independent School District which offers many possibilities for employment as a teacher as the school district continues to expand.
The job description below provides a list of details of the position that may be customizable depending on commitment level and availability and is not an exhaustive list.
- Lead Silver Group Coach Group Daily: Monday-Saturday.
- Responsible for writing practices and working with other coaches on deck to achieve team/group goals.
- Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month
- Coach/Assist either the Red/White/Blue Group a minimum of 4 x per week: Monday-Friday in addition to your lead coach responsibilities (4:00-7:45 per evening time frame with negotiable hours with morning hours June-August)
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers.
- Attend meets at which your group swimmers attend and as needed for other meets including all meets in which ESA hosts.
- Develop and maintain a season plan for Silver group with approval from the Head Coach/Age Group Head
- Coach that illustrates knowledge of the progressions of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Help manage our Silver group travel trip(s) in correlation with the Age Group Head Coach.
- Provide input in practice and meet scheduling
- Provide input on meet entries
- Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
Compensation is competitive and is aligned with experience and availability to work.
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience working with high level age group athletes that have achieved recognition on the National level or LSC level.
- A strong understanding of proper stroke mechanics and their progression both through an Age Group program and through a season. (ASCA certified coach preferred)
- Ability to meet all USA and Gulf Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for
- Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.)
- Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and building great citizens through the sport.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and references to Head Coach Mike Robinson at [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of ESA.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.