***This position has been filled***
The Brookings Swim Club (BSC), a USA Swimming club in Brookings, SD, is seeking an inspiring full time Head Coach with excellent leadership, technical expertise, communication and team building skills to coach and mentor our year-round team of approximately 85 athletes.
Brookings is the 4th largest city in South Dakota (22,000+ population) and is the home of South Dakota State University. It is a vibrant, growing community with an excellent school system and a safe, friendly and progressive environment. It is located less than an hour drive from the Sioux Falls metropolitan area (150,000+ population).
• Coach senior and competitive groups and oversee other groups. This includes, but is not limited to, developing a swim program that is technically, age and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training, and that allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential
• Supervise, mentor and evaluate assistant coaches, including preparation of daily and seasonal works outs, skill sets, group practices
• Support the team’s mission, vision and core values by providing leadership and team management in a professional manner. Ensure that all team operations are completed in a timely and organized manner
• Attend swim meets throughout the winter and summer seasons
• Attend and participate in Board meetings as a non-voting member
• Lead swimmer recruitment/retention efforts
• Foster solid relationships with athletes and families
• Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements
• At least 2 years of swim coaching experience and 1 year of management/administrative experience
• Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US
• Have a contagious and enthusiastic attitude and ability to motivate swimmers
• ASCA level 2 certification or higher
• Previous experience as head coach
• Experience as a competitive swimmer
SALARY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
BSC offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The potential for financial incentives may be available and will be negotiated when an employment contract is drafted. Paid vacation, paid professional development and travel expense reimbursement for meets are included.
The BSC Board reserves the right to conduct in-depth pre-employment screening including but not limited to criminal background check, physical, drug screening, past employment and education verification and social media review.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references by mail or email to:
Attn: Head Coach Search Committee
Brookings Swim Club PO Box 8112 Brookings, SD 57006
For questions contact the search committee by email or call 605-691-2213
ABOUT BROOKINGS SWIM CLUB
The Brookings Swim Club (BSC) has a driven and talented group of swimmers supported by a committed Board and parent membership. BSC has been serving Brookings and the surrounding area for over 40 years. We have consistently had swimmers attending Junior Nationals, Sectionals, Zones and going on to compete at the collegiate level. Because South Dakota does not have swimming as a sanctioned high school sport, our athletes swim with the Club year-round; therefore this position offers a unique opportunity to develop a program that will maximize excellence and allow strong and continuous coach/team bonding. Practice facilities include an indoor 25 yard pool in winter and an outdoor 50 meter pool in summer.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of BSC.