The Barracuda Swim Club of Northeast Tennessee has an immediate opening for a full-time Assistant and Head Site Coach at its Kingsport, TN, location. The site coach will answer directly to the Barracuda Swim Club head coach.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics and skills:
(1) A strong background in teaching sound stroke technique,
2) The ability to effectively coach swimmers of all levels – from novice participants through national qualifiers,
3) A positive, personable, and enthusiastic demeanor,
4) the drive to grow the program in terms of both membership numbers and swimming competency,
5) the ability and willingness to work with a strong coaching staff and dedicated parents board for the betterment of the club
6) have current USAS-required certifications (or be able to obtain them readily) and pass the mandated background checks.
The Kingsport site trains at the new Kingsport Aquatic Center – a state-of-the art 50 meter indoor facility with moveable bulkheads that was opened in May, 2013. The community is located in the beautiful area of northeast Tennessee, close to hiking and biking trails, waterfalls, and other outdoor recreational activities.
A base salary commensurate with experience and incentives based on member recruitment and retention is projected. A moving allowance will be made available. The team also pays for meet and travel expenses and professional development.
Applications will be accepted immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Start date is negotiable, but the club is ideally looking to fill this position by October 1.
HOW TO APPLY
A cover letter and resume along with at least three references should be submitted directly to Head Coach Chris Coraggio via email at [email protected]
About Barracuda Swim Club
The Barracuda Swim Club is a well-established (1959) year-round USAS team that operates out of two sites approximately 20 miles apart. It is directed by a parents’ board, on which the head coach and head site coach have both voice and vote. The current head coach has been with the program since 2002.
Swimming Job is courtesy of Barracuda Swim Club.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.