Arena Club Aquatics (ACA) Head Coach and Senior Group Coach to lead and manage the entire competitive swimming program that operates as part of USA Swimming at the Arena Club health club facility in Churchville, Maryland (northeast of Baltimore by 30-40 minutes). The Head coach is responsible for many facets of the program’s operation, growth and success, including administration and oversight. Lead and oversee all aquatic programs including but not limited to USA Swim Team, Swim Lesson School, Summer Swim Team and Masters Swim Team.
HOURS AND LOCATION
This is a full-time position that includes both on-deck hours as well as office hours for program administration and development. On-site office hours will be established with the coaching schedule at the Arena Club to ensure regular contact with other staff members and sufficient time for collaboration.
• Lead, create and implement a training program for an age group, as an example, the Senior group(s).
• Work with the Assistant Coaches to develop the overall philosophy and structure of the ACA Swim programs, USA, Summer, Masters and Swim School.
• Participate in the development of the annual schedule for all ACA swim groups, including practices, meets, and coaching schedules/assignments
• Coach the program’s highest level training groups in addition to observing and assisting with other swim groups.
• Supervise and guide assistant swim coaches
• Hiring, firing and evaluating of all assistant swim coaches
• Participate in the management of Arena Club Aquatics program website content, including but not limited to group schedules, program news, team records, athlete awards, etc.,
• Participate in evaluating and supporting ACA’s volunteer efforts
• Chair events for the team with assistance from team parent volunteers, and assist in promoting social events to all team members and families
• Assist in all ACA fundraising campaigns, helping to incorporate assistant coaches and all athletes/families; assist in developing fundraising ideas that will be most effective for each age group
• Assist and advise coaches in developing and implementing education programs for both swimmers and parents in the ACA program
• Attend any LCS, Arena Club Administrative and Coaches meeting as needed
• Attend all required staff meeting and training
• Maintain current certifications as required for the position
• Be prepared to recognize and respond effectively to emergency situations, including emergencies that may happen in non-ACA programs
The successful candidate will be career-minded coach who is organized, personable, and able to communicate effectively with parents, young athletes, and co-workers alike. This person must have a strong background in competitive swimming with at least 5 years of coaching experience, and be able to effectively evaluate and implement training philosophies. ASCA Level 3 certification equivalent or higher strongly desired. He/she must be able to provide constructive criticism to assistant staff as needed. The ability to set both individual and program goals and to then develop a path to achieve those goals is crucial to success in this role. Regular email, phone and in-person communication is required, so professional and friendly communication skills are important. Attention to safety and professionalism must be present at all times.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience; includes medical benefits and 401K. Employees receive membership access to select Arena Club programs for employees and family members.
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Kari Young at [email protected]
ABOUT ARENA CLUB AQUATICS
Arena Club Aquatics is a year round competitive swim team located in northern Harford County, Maryland. ACA competes in the Maryland LSC of USA swimming. Arena Club Aquatics’ mission is to develop and promote excellence in athletes as swimmers and people. Through self-discipline and hard work ACA swimmers will work to attain their highest potential. ACA offers high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The coaching staff provide a step by step progression to improve swimming skills and achieve success at all levels of ability, from novice to the national competitor. The coaching staff has many years experience coaching in the Maryland area, as well as at programs across the east coast. Coaches on staff have produced Maryland State qualifiers and champions, All-Maryland qualifiers, YMCA All-Americans, Sectional qualifiers, USA Scholastic All-Americans, USA Top-16 qualifiers, and a Junior National Qualifier. Goal setting and commitment are some of the motivators our staff uses to develop and encourage a lifelong love of swimming.
The Arena Club in Bel Air, Maryland is Harford County’s Best Family Fitness Center. With state of the art cardio equipment, our fitness circuit, vast assortment of free weights, unparalleled personal training services, the largest water park in Harford County, Harford County’s only warm salt water therapy pool, our elite indoor turf field, over 74 free group fitness classes, top athlete training programs, and numerous kids programs, we have options to meet all of your fitness goals.
Swim Job / Swimming News courtesy of Arena Club Aquatics