Founded in 1895, Ardsley Country Club is one of the oldest and most distinguished private clubs in the country. Ardsley has an outstanding youth activities program, a magnificent golf course, an excellent dining experience and incredible views of the Hudson River. The club is very family oriented and has a diverse membership. We are currently looking for a Pool Director for the 2016 season.
The Pool Director reports to the General Manager and Assistant Manager
General Purpose: Supervises lifeguards, the safety and cleanliness of the swimming pools and locker rooms.
- Responsible for meeting the standards of the club defined by the Pool Committee,
- General Manager and Assistant Manager
- Reinforces rules, regulations, dress code and telephone policies
- Hires, trains and supervises the lifeguards
- Responsible for opening and closing check list, guard rotations and breaks
- Ensures the staff follows the NYS Department of Health safety plan
- Ensures the staff is attentive in watching the pool, members and guests
- Responsible for pool attendance sheet, lessons and billing
- Orders and monitors chemicals, chlorine ph test for the pool as required by the
Department of Health
- Maintains and keeps all records concerning accident reports and daily pool operations reports
- Maintains a fully stocked first aid kid
- Assigns staff to keep the locker rooms clean throughout the day and remove trash
- Properly cares for pool equipment and storage area
- Works with the Camp Director during the summer
- Supervises Irvington Camp on Mondays
- Works with the Assistant Manager on the pool calendar
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the General Manager or Assistant Manager
Education/Qualification: College degree, 3 years of experience managing pools and staff, outgoing personality, strong professional interpersonal and communication skills. Works 40+ hours/week
Certifications: First Aid, CPR, AED, Water Safety Instructor, Pool Operator
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
The pool opens on Memorial Day Weekend and closes after Labor Day.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and references to Laura Carranza, the Assistant General Manager, here: [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Ardsley Country Club.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.