Ansley Sharks seeks Head Swim Coach.
- Lead 300+ person summer youth swimming program from mid-April to mid-July.
- Prepare swimmers to race in the Country Club Swim League which is comprised of six teams.
- Responsible for coaching and teaching swimmers aged 4-14, with varying levels of swimming experience.
- Manage multiple assistant coaches in developing and implementing practices focused on proper stroke technique, starts, turns, and age-appropriate race strategy.
- Work with parents to foster their children’s love of swimming and dedication to team.
- Select appropriate swimmers to race at end of season Championship Meet at Georgia Tech Aquatic Center.
- Manage necessary databases (i.e. Meet Manager) to track swimmer times and heat placements at swim meets.
- Prepare strategic team line ups/rosters for dual meets and championship meet.
- Works with Athletic Director / Assistant Athletic Director (AAD) and the Parent Shark Committee to manage all aspects of the swim team.
- Provide vital input into the hiring and supervising of all swim coaches and Jr. Shark coaches.
- Communicate with swim team parents all necessary information through emails and phone on a daily basis.
- Work with AGC staff to make sure swim team has adequate equipment.
- Work with the AAD and Parent Shark Committee to plan and manage swim team social events.
Given the opportunity to provide private swim lessons to any children at AGC throughout entire summer.
Competitive swimming experience through high school required, some college swimming preferred. Prior swim coaching experience required. Head coaching experience preferred. Experience with Meet Manager and Team Manager, or some other type of management tool, preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume to Bobbie Bell at [email protected]
About Ansley Sharks
Ansley Sharks Mission Statement
As a part of the Ansley Golf Club (AGC), the Sharks Swim Team strives to ensure that every child has an opportunity to learn to swim confidently using proper technique and be a part of a summer swim team that promotes good sportsmanship, hard work, and camaraderie among all team members and families.
About Ansley Golf Club
Ansley Golf Club is considered the most family oriented, friendly, and fun private Country Club in Atlanta, with formal and casual dining, swimming, tennis, fitness, youth programs, and twenty-seven of the most picturesque and demanding holes in the world of southern golf.
What started out as an amenity to a real estate venture in the early 1900’s has, over the years, evolved to become one of Atlanta’s premier in-town and suburban clubs.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Ansley Sharks.