The 3rd leg of the 2016 FINA/HOSA Marathon Swimming World Cup will be Saturday, June 18th in Balatonfured, Hungary at Lake Balaton – the site of next year’s World Championships races.
The races will include many high-profile swimmers and Olympians who will race at this summer’s Olympic Games.
- Sean Ryan, USA (4th at Worlds)
- Simone Ruffini, Italy (7th at Worlds)
- Richard Weinberger, Canada (8th at Worlds)
- Allan do Carmo, Brazil (9th at Worlds)
- Yasunari Hirai, Japan (11th at Worlds)
- Ana Marcela Cunha, Brazil (3rd at Worlds)
- Rachele Bruni, Italy (4th at Worlds)
- Poliana Okimoto, Brazil (6th at Worlds)
- Isabelle Haerle, Germany (7th at Worlds)
- Haley Anderson, USA (9th at Worlds)
- Eva Risztov, Hungary (10th at Worlds)
- Anna Olasz, Hungary (11th at Worlds)
The Americans, who are largely non-participatory in this series, are sending a large contingent of 6 to Hungary: David Heron, Chip Peterson, and Ryan on the men’s side; and Emily Brunemann, Eva Fabian, and Anderson on the women’s side.
FINA has also posted interviews on its Facebook page with three of the biggest names at the meet. Watch those videos below.