The water is almost in the box for the European Swimming Short Course Championships that will be held in Herning, Denmark from December 12-15th. EM I SVØMNING has been posting updates of the pools construction from their Facebook page.
The Danish swimmers and meet organizers have been very busy promoting the championships and preparing the facility. We have seen the flash mob led by Mie Nielsen and a new European Short Course Dryland swimming record from Jeanette Ottesen.
Due in large part to the energy of the Danish swimming community, this year’s European SC meet seems to be the most promoted and anticipated Short Course Meters championship in recent memory; thus far, it seems like the lineups won’t disappoint either with most countries who have made announcements sending their top swimmers.
- France with 53, Russia with 40 for 2013 European Short Course Championships.
- German Swimming Federation Names 31 to Euros roster.
- Hungarians to take team of 26, including Hosszu, to European Championships.
- Denmark to have 29 on home European Championships rosters.
- British Swimming to bring a more focused group of 11 to the European Championships.