Courtesy: Northeastern Athletics
BOSTON – Isabelle Chambers and Emily Murphy will join the Northeastern swimming and diving team for the 2021-22 season, announced by diving coach Lauren Colby on Tuesday. Chambers is an incoming freshman from Fargo, N.D., while Murphy is a three-time All-America East performer on the 1- and 3-meter springboards while competing at Vermont and is a graduate transfer from Greenwich, Conn.
Hometown: Fargo, N.D.
High School: Davies High School
- Won North Dakota state championship in diving in 2016, finished top three from 2016-19
- Won conference championship in 2017, and earned three top-three finishes from 2016-19
- Top Marks: 1-Meter (235.00, 6 dives / 390.00, 11 dives)
Chambers says …
“I am so thrilled to represent Northeastern on the swimming and diving team. The community of academics and athletics is world class. Go Huskies!”
Hometown: Greenwich, Conn.
High School: Greenwich High School
- Three-time All-America East performer on the 1- and 3-meter springboards
- Finished runner-up on the 1-meter springboard at the 2021 America East Championships with a score of 240.55
- Tallied a fifth-place finish on the 3-meter board (222.05) at the 2021 America East Championships
- Top Marks: 1-Meter (240.90), 3-Meter (249.30)
Murphy says …
“I chose to come to Northeastern because of the academic and athletic opportunities it could offer me in such an amazing location. I am very excited to be diving as a Husky this year and I am looking forward to being coached by Lauren Colby.”