Applications due 08/31/22
Date posted: August 15, 2022
Location: 4635 Southwest 67th Avenue Road, Ocala, FL, USA
The Head Swim coach is responsible for the operation of the swim team including recruiting, budgeting, communicating with parents, and coaching swimmers to be their personal best. The Head Swim Coach will also help guide, mentor and train assistant coaches in these areas.
- Team leader, ambassador and swimming subject matter expert.
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Create and promote a vision and strategy for growth
- Build relationships with local school districts and aquatic staffs
- Long and short-term planning/scheduling for training and competition for all competitive levels.
- Participate in club activities and social events
- Plan for the development of a program inclusive of all abilities and goals
- Direct staff in establishing goals and necessary tools for the successful development of the athletes
- Positively and constructively communicate and motivate children with the ability to consider varied social, emotional and physical attributes
- Manage, observe, and constructively evaluate athlete performance at practices and meets to enhance technique and motivation
- Assist and guide high school athletes in the college recruiting process
- Create a culture of excellence for the whole person development of both staff members and athletes
- Demonstrated ability to work well and communicate effectively with athletes of all ages/abilities, families, staff and administrators
- Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
- Experienced in management and/or oversight of swim team operations, including team billing, meet entries, registrations.
- Possess an expertise and knowledge of swimming at all age group, senior, and international levels
- Ability to read, write & understand written directions.
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- LSC leadership experience as either a board or committee member (a plus)
- Swimming proficiency and comfort in all types of water conditions.
- Knowledge and experience with on-site protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to administer or use first aid, CPR, AED, and other lifesaving techniques.
- Excellent observational skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years minimum competitive swim coaching experience and coaching membership that is in good standing with USA Swimming.
- 3+ years head/lead club coaching experience
- Experience developing athletes, staff, and volunteers.
- Experience with dryland training and nutrition
- Must possess the following certifications from the Red Cross or other equivalent agency: lifeguard training, CPR, AED, Water Safety Instructor and first aid.
How to Apply
Send resumes and cover letters to [email protected].