Applications due 12/08/19
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Aquatics Director will assist with program quality and the planning and implementation of programs.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, coaching and leading lifeguards
- Ensure staff maintain all required certifications
- Administrative duties include staff development (recruitment, selection, scheduling, training, supervision, etc.)
- Assist with Branch events and the Annual Giving Campaign.
- Build and maintain close and positive relationships with participants and parents.
- Follow all policies and procedures in the Y Aquatic’s SOP Manual created and or approved by the Association.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times.
- Attend training and meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor degree or 1 year of aquatic experience
- Enthusiastic, Fun, Great Personality
- Ability to effectively interact with participants, parents, and staff
- Available on weekend and evenings as needed.
- Possess the following certifications at the time of hire:
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer or accredited equivalent
- Emergency Oxygen Administration
- Standard First Aid
- Lifeguard certification
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification preferred
- Possess or obtain within 90 days of hire the following YMCA trainings:
- YMCA Lifeguard certification
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification;
- YMCA Lifeguard Instructor
- YMCA Swim Lesson Trainer
How to Apply
Apply via our career site: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=External-YMCASV&c=1067841#/
This position is available at our Central, Sequoia and Southwest locations.