Jason Turcotte of the Dynamo Swim Club and Sergio Lopez of the Bolles School have been selected as the head women’s and head men’s coaches, respectively, for the upcoming National Junior Team Camp, which will run from April 9th-13th at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Turcotte has a total of five swimmers on this year’s National Junior Team, including two women. Nicole Stafford, Kylie Stewart, Gunnar Bentz, Jay Litherland, and Kevin Litherland will all have the opportunity to accompany their coach to the camp.
Sergio Lopez’s Bolles squad is represented by Santo Condorelli, currently a freshman at USC, and Caeleb Dressel, a Junior World Champion (Dressel trains primarily under Jason Calanog).
Assisting on Turcotte’s women’s staff include (with their Junior Team athletes in parenthesis):
- Bill Christensen – North Texas Nadadores (Brett Ringgold, Jonathan Roberts)
- Janet Harty – Greenwood Memorial Swim Club (Kaitlin Harty, Ryan Harty)
- Brian Pajer – Aquazot Swim Club (Corey Okubo)
Assisting on Lopez’s Bolles staff will be (with their Junior Team athletes in parenthesis):
- Chuck Batchelor – Bluefish Swim Club (Brooke Zeiger, Connor Green)
- Tony Batis – Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Ally Howe, Curtis Ogren)
- Shawn Smith – University of Denver Hilltoppers (Lauren Abruzzo, Carter Griffin)