Xavier at IUPUI
- Dec. 7, 2018
- Men: IUPUI def. Xavier 180.5-113.4
- Women: IUPUI def. Xavier 152-142
Courtesy: IUPUI Athletics
INDIANAPOLIS – IUPUI’s men and women both picked up wins against Xavier on Friday (Dec. 7) in the Jags last meet of the 2018 calendar year. The men beat the Musketeers 180.5 to 113.5 and the women earned a ten-point win, 152-142.
The men earned eight event wins in the pool with senior Ben Levart having the best night for the Jags winning both the 500 free (4:38.11) and the 1000 free (9:36.03). John Ragsdell earned a win in the 200 free with a time of 1:42.86 finishing 0.02 seconds ahead of teammate Jackson Sandala. Sandala got Ragsdell back in the 100 free with a time of 46.68 to Ragsdell’s 47.22.
Riley Lohse took home the title in the 100 backstroke with a time of 51.44 and the Jags took the top-three spots in the 200 fly with Tommy Lombardo winning the event (1:53.74), followed by Mark Auger (1:54.74) and Dillon Stangeland (1:55.64).
The Jags’ Cameron Green tied for first in the 100 fly, touching the wall 51.59. The Jags last win of the night came in the 400 freestyle relay with the team of Sandala, Levart, Garrett Roberts and Cade Anderson with a time of 3:07.02.
The women’s squad got their night started with a win in the 200 medley relay with the team of Tori Kroon, Aubrey Wing, Mallory Buha and Andrea Hanas winning by more than a second with a time of 1:45.30.
Wing picked up a win in the 100 breaststroke touching the wall in 1:05.66, and earned her second win of the night with time of 2:22.59 in the 200 breaststroke. Kroon also picked up an individual win, taking the top time in the 100 freestyle (52.50).
The Jags closed out their night with a win by Buha, Hanas, Samantha Roll and Kroon in the 400 free relay with a time of 3:33.01.
IUPUI was the only team on the boards and Rylee Dahlman won both the 1-meter and 3-meter with scores of 254.48 and 242.48, respectively. On the men’s side, Mastey won the men’s 1-meter with a score of 267.45 and Patrick Tener‘s score of 275.25 gave him the 3-meter win.
The Jags will take a break until the calendar turns to 2019, resuming their schedule with a meet against Horizon League foes Cleveland State and UIC on Jan. 11 (6 p.m.) and will face both of those teams again on Jan. 12 (10 a.m.).
Courtesy: Xavier Athletics
INDIANAPOLIS – Xavier men’s and women’s swimming claimed the top spot in 15 of 28 racing events in a dual meet at IUPUI to close out the 2018 fall semester.
- Xavier opened the meet with a second place finish in the 200 medley relay for Ali Fort, Lydia Schaeffer, Caroline Gaertner and Emily Conners.
- Tilly Baldwin took first in the 1000 free. Emma Kauffled and Katie Kerr also finished in the top four, placing third and fourth respectively.
- Emily Conners won her first event of the day in the 200 free, finishing in 1:54.87.
- Caroline Gaertner took the top spot in the 100 back to lead Xavier. Ali Fort placed third.
- Lydia Schaeffer placed second in the 100 breast, followed in by Becca Titterton in fourth
- Taylor Hogan took first in the 200 fly, and Annie Cummins placed third.
- Emily Conners’ took her second win of the day in the 50 free. Tianna Vozar finished third.
- Conners also took a top-two finish in the 100 free, placing second with at time of 52.59.
- Hogan won a second event, the 200 back, with a time of 2:06.23. Ali Fort placed third and Riece Drew finished fourth.
- Kelly Harris led four Musketeers in the top five of the 200 breast, finishing second with her season-best time of 2:24.68. Alison Herman, Lydia Schaeffer and Delaney Sprague followed her in, respectively.
- Tilly Baldwin continued to dominate the distance free, winning the 500 free with a time of 5:09.56.
- Hogan won a third event, the 100 fly, with a time of 57.05. Caroline Gaertner, Lorelei Gaertner and Annie Cummins took third, fourth and fifth, respectively.
- Alison Herman took the top spot in the 200 IM. Delaney Sprague finished third.
- Xavier closed out the meet with a second place finish in the 400 free relay for Emily Saugstad, Caroline Gaertner, Abigail Garner and Tianna Vozar.
- Xavier’s women fell narrowly, 152-142.
- Xavier’s men opened the meet with a win in the 200 medley relay for Sam Johanns, Matthew Dyer, Brandon Abboud and Alex Sironen.
- Nick Mahoney led the Musketeers in the 1000 free with a time of 9:50.13.
- Ben Quon took third in the 200 free to lead Xavier. Alex Sironen placed third.
- Sam Johanns’ second place finish led four Musketeers in the top five. Sironen, Chase Baldwin and Nathan Runyon finished second through fifth, respectively.
- Matthew Dyer took the top spot in the 100 breast. Roark Lundal placed third.
- Brandon Abboud led Xavier in the 200 fly with a time of 1:56.27 in the 200 fly.
- Christian Thomas took the win in the 50 free with a time of 21.36.
- Sam Johanns led Xavier in the 100 free with a time of 47.52 to place third.
- Chase Baldwin took the win in the 200 back with a time of 1:52.34. Ben Quon finished third.
- Matthew Dyer completed the sweep of the breaststroke, taking first in the 200 with a time of 2:08.33.
- Cothalee Watko led the Musketeers in the 500 free with a time of 4:46.91.
- Brandon Abboud tied for the top spot in the 100 fly with a time of 51.59.
- Dyer won a third event, the 200 IM, with a time of 1:56.53. Chase Baldwin finished third.
- Xavier’s men fell 180.5-113.4.
Xavier will break for the end of the semester, returning to competitive action in January. The Musketeers open up the spring at Cincinnati on Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. at the Keating Aquatic Center.