Courtesy: Houston Athletics
HOUSTON – The University of Houston Swimming & Diving team returns home for its final home meet of the 2018-19 season to face Rice at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center on Feb. 23 with a slated start time of 10 a.m.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The Cougars are coming off of 14 podium finishes against No. 25 LSU and Rice earlier this month in Baton Rouge.
- Laura Laderoute continues to be a mainstay on the podium for Houston with three top-three finishes, including one first-place finish at LSU.
- Laderoute won the 100 Backstroke with a time of 54.77, finished third in the 200 Backstroke at 2:01.02 and closed out her day with a second-place finish in the 200 Individual Medley at 2:03.51.
- Mykenzie Leehy and Zarena Brown continue to pace the Cougars in the Freestyle events.
- Newcomer Ioanna Sacha continues to excel in the backstroke alongside Laderoute, taking second in the 100 back (56.70) and third in the 200 back (2:02.77), in Baton Rouge. Posting multiple podium finishes in her first three meets in a Houston uniform.
- Peyton Kondis leads Houston on the breaststroke, most recently winning the 200 Breaststroke with a time of 2:17.42, and finishing third in the 100 Breaststroke at 1:03.67
SCOUTING THE OWLS
- Houston faced Rice earlier this month in Baton Rouge, where the Owls posted seven season-best marks and took first, second, and third in the 1000 Free.
- The Owls are in their 15th season under Head Coach Seth Huston.
Houston will head to Indianapolis where it will defend its 2018 conference title on Feb. 27 – March 2 at the IUPUI Natatorium. Ticket for all sessions are on sale and can be purchased here.