Another Harlem shake swim video from the craze that took off in earlier Feb, 2013.
Harlem shake guidelines:
1. It appears participation is key to your team’s success. You want big numbers, a lot of swimmers doing the Harlem Shake.
2. Each swimmer must have their own genuine Harlem Shake style. You must groove to your own beat and go for it. There’s the floor wiggle, the hanging wiggle, the handstand wiggle, the lazy hip pump, the frantic hip pump, and the out-of-beat shake.
3. Costumes appear to help as well. If you do not have a gorilla or horse mask, swimmer-esque costumes seem to do the trick. Use a snorkle, a swim cap over your face, or a towel swirled on your head…etc.
4. The University of Tennessee got it right when they had one Harlem Shaker holding a UT Swimming Banner in the center of the video. School pride is a must!
5. The pre low-key groove before everyone unleashes must be absolutely causal…tongue in check, however. Don’t just stand and stare blankly while that one person dances. Act like you’re reading a book (something ridiculous like 50 Shades of Grey or Sun Tzu’s Art of War), or shaving your legs, or applying a facial cosmetic mask or zit cream.
6. This might be thinking outside of the box, but the first team to incorporate their swim coach may capture the entire coaching community audience. Could be a bad idea, however. Depends on the coach.