Brown University invites applicants for an Assistant Coach, Men’s & Women’s Diving. This position reports to both the Head Coach, Men’s Swimming & Diving and the Head Coach, Women’s Swimming & Diving in all phases of the Men’s & Women’s Diving Programs. This includes coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties such as coordinating training, coordinating team travel, and completing compliance information. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumni and friends groups. This is a 10-month assistant coach position.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• One to three years coaching experience at the club, high school or college level and/or collegiate swimming and diving experience; collegiate coaching experience preferred.
• Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication and computer skills.
• Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, and the ability to coach and motivate.
• Ability to write, draft, edit correspondence, text for publications.
• The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, national origin, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit Brown University’s career opportunities website at https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/Katherine-Moran-Coleman-Aquatic-Center/Assistant-Coach–Men-s—Women-s-Diving_REQ116745-1 or here http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-swim/coaches/index
ABOUT BROWN UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1764, Brown is a leading institution for education, discovery, and global intellectual progress as well as one of the largest employers in Rhode Island. Working at Brown brings more than just a paycheck and generous benefits; it offers an opportunity to contribute to a greater good. Join us in supporting the pursuit of knowledge and individual growth that defines higher education and enriches our community.
Diving Job is courtesy of Brown University.