On its website, FINA has posted several coaching presentations from its Gold Medal Swimming Coaches Clinic held just before the 2014 Short Course World Championships in Doha, Qatar last December.
The clinic featured several well-known coaches, including South Africa’s head coach Graham Hill (who coaches World Swimmer of the Year Chad le Clos), fellow South African Dirk Lange (who coaches breaststroking world record-holder Cameron van der Burgh), Doha’s breakout world record-setter Mireia Belmonte‘s coach from Spanish Swimming and Marcel Wouda, who coaches Dutch star Femke Heemskerk.
We wrote up some brief summaries of the presentations based on FINA’s recap back in December, which you can read here.
The actual slideshows themselves are somewhat bare-bones without the spoken explanations the coaches used in Doha, but in combination with the summaries, there are some interesting ideas to be gleaned.
Below, we’ve got the 5 presentations that FINA has put online so far. They’ve got a page set up with spaces left for more presentations and/or YouTube links to be added. You can check that page here, as FINA may continue to update.
- Graham Hill, South Africa: Preparation Plan – Training vs Competition Mix
- Andrea Di Nino, Italy: Science and Innovation of Sprint Coach
- Dirk Lange, South Africa: Modern Breaststroke using the example of Cameron van der Burgh
- Rod Havriluk, USA: Skill Acquisition and Injury Prevention
- Margo Mountjoy, Canada: FINA – Yakult Nutrition Programme