2016 RIO PARALYMPIC GAMES
- Wednesday, September 7 – Sunday, September 18, 2016
- Swimming: Thursday, September 8 – Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Olympic Aquatics Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Prelims 9:30 AM / Finals 5:30 PM (local time)
- IPC World Records
- Live stream links: NBC / IPC
China has earned 4 golds and 11 total medals in the pool just one day into the 2016 Paralympics, building a big lead to try to defend its 2012 Paralympic medal table crown.
China had four event winners on Thursday, the first day of action: Ke Liting in the women’s S7 100 back, Song Lingling in the women’s S8 100 back, Zhang Li in the women’s S5 200 free and Zheng Tao in the men’s 100 back S6.
And where China has been good, it’s been dominant. Chinese athletes went 1-2 in all three of those backstroke races.
Great Britain, led by a big win and 400 free S8 world record from Oliver Hynd, sits second with 2 golds and 7 total medals. Korea also has 2 golds, though that nation hasn’t won medals of any other color so far.
Day 1 Medal Table
China so dominant. USA nowhere to be found in so many events. Becca Myers crushed it and should have a big meet.