2016 OH SPEEDO SECTIONALS AT COLUMBUS
- Columbus, Ohio (Ohio State University)
- McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion
- July 20th – July 23rd
- Meet Information
- Live results
Olympic Trials finalist Lindsey Clary was able to pull away from her Ohio State teammate Meg Bailey in the final of the women’s 400 IM to pick up her second event title of the 2016 Columbus Sectional Championship meet in her home pool.
Bailey was only half-a-second back going into the freestyle lap of the 400 IM, but Clary was able to stretch that into a full second by the turn and ultimately won in 4:45.49 to Bailey’s 4:46.36.
The two, who will have one more season together on the Ohio State Varsity team, will make up the best 1-2 punch in this event in the Big Ten next season. In 2016, Clary was the conference champion, while Bailey wont the B-Final.
For the Australian Bailey, this was a new lifetime best by a second-and-a-half.
Other Day 2 Winners:
- Zoe Thatcher won the 200 free in 2:02.86, half-a-second ahead of 16-year old Sophie Skinner (2:03.41).
- Ohio State’s Josh Fleagle won the men’s 200 free in 1:50.20. He beat out Arizona commit Brendan Meyer by a full second (1:51.27).
- Aliena Schmidtke swam 59.68 to win the women’s 100 fly. That’s her 6th sub-minute swim of 2016.
- Cameron Craig won the men’s 100 fly in 54.40, beating out Gregory Nymberg (54.91). Casey, on a back-to-back swim, took 3rd in 55.27.
- Austin Quinn touched 1st in the men’s 400 IM in 4:25.81.