Bryant v. Wagner v. Central Connecticut (Women)
- Friday, November 1, 2019 – Saturday, November 2, 2019
- New Britain, Connecticut
- Friday Results
- Saturday Results
Courtesy: Bryant Athletics
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. – The Bryant University women’s swimming and diving team wrapped up an impressive weekend against NEC rivals CCSU and Wagner on Saturday.
Bryant defeated Wagner, 211-140, and Central Connecticut, 255-96.
Coach Cameron’s Comments
“The women did an awesome job competing. So many women stepped up when we needed them to. It was a great team effort to dominate all the relays.”
Notes and Notables
- Bryant closed out a dominant relay performance with victories in the 200 medley relay and the 400 free relay. Reetta Kanervo (Oulu, Finland), Kayleigh Canavan (Cumberland, R.I.), Elin Svärd (Falun, Sweden) and Alexa Rivera (Boynton, Beach, Fla.) won the 200 medley with a time of 1:48.75.
- Rivera, Erin Doruska (Ankeny, Iowa), Alyvia Beaudion (Cypress, Texas) and Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) won the 400 free relay with a time of 3:35.72.
- Kanervo and Doruska went 1-2 in the 100 free, with Kanervo taking first with a time of 51.76.
- Scifo completed her sweep of the back events with a victory in the 200 back (2:06.86).
- Kanervo capped her great weekend with a victory in the 100 fly (56.47).
- Alyssa DiFiore (Wethersfield, Conn.) won the 500 free with a time of 5:08.56.
Bryant heads to Boston to take on BU and UConn next Saturday, Nov. 9.
Courtesy: Wagner Athletics
New Britain, CT – The Wagner College swimming and diving team earned a victory over Central Connecticut State, while falling to Bryant at the CCSU Tri-Meet on Friday and Saturday.
The Seahawks swam past the Blue Devils 239-112, while falling 211-140 to the Bulldogs.
Sophomore Standout Ellie Eastwood led the way once again with three individual victories in the 100 Breast (1:06.62), 400 IM (4:34.19), and 200 Breast (2:22.20), while also touching second in the 200 IM in 2:11.43.
Freshman Raquel Reyes earned a first-place finish in the 200 Fly (2:10.12), while junior Hande Kivanc earned second-place finishes in the 100 Back (59.63) and 200 Back (2:07.13). First-year Seahawk Maile Mora finished second in the 200 Fly (2:11.03) and 400 IM (4:36.40).
Wagner’s 200 Free Relay, consisting of sophomore Judith Desforges, freshman Hannah Muro, junior Madeleine Delore, and graduate student Dorian McMenemy placed second in 1:37.45, while the 400 Medley Relay, featuring Kivanc, Eastwood, junior Megan Chiu, and McMenemy also placed second in 3:56.80. The 400 Free Relay, which included Kivanc, sophomore Mary Tsianaka, Muro, and McMenemy touched second in 3:38.31.
Chiu placed second in the 100 Fly in 59.66, while McMenemy finished second in the 50 Free in 24.48 and freshman Kira Bowling placed second in the 500 Free in 5:11.75.
The Seahawks will next be in action on Saturday, November 9, at Siena.
Courtesy: CCSU Athletics
The Central Connecticut swimming and diving team concluded a two-day meet with Wagner and Bryant on Saturday. This marks the fourth straight tri-meet between the three programs in the last four seasons.
Location: Jack Suydam Natatorium (New Britain, CT)
Day Two of the meet will begin at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday morning
- The CCSU 200 yard medley relay team of sophomores Jeannette King, Mariana Espino, senior Katelyn Mann and sophomore Katie Czulewicz placed second with a time of 1:50.80.
- Central finished third, fourth, fifth in the 200 yard backstroke. Senior Keelin Kendall (2:12.33) led the Blue Devils, followed by sophomore Kaylin McMahon (2:14.28) and junior Erin Brown (2:15.85).
- Senior Erika Maercklein finished third in the 500 yard freestyle with a time of 5:12.32.
- The Blue Devils placed third in the 400 yard freestyle relay. Maercklein, Czulewicz, King and sophomore Simona Visinski turned in a time of 3:39.92.
- Central placed fifth and sixth in the 400 yard IM as senior Grace Regan (4:43.15) and sophomore Alex Lindgren (4:43.47) led the Blue Devils.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, CCSU turned in a fourth and fifth-place finish. Maercklein (54.74) placed just ahead of sophomore Jeannette King (55.23)
- Mann led Central in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 1:01.80.
- Lindgren placed fourth in the 200 yard breaststroke (2:27.00), while Regan placed sixth (2:31.28).
CCSU is back in the pool when it hosts the Blue Devil Invite on Nov. 22-24.