Bowling Green vs Davenport (W)
- January 17, 2020
- Bowling Green, Ohio
Courtesy: Bowling Green Athletics
Bowling Green, Ohio – The Bowling Green State University women’s swim and dive team remained undefeated overall and at home with a 223-76 victory over Davenport University. BGSU took first place in 13 events and had the top three finishers in eight events. Multiple Falcons had multiple victories, including Talisa Lemke, who swept the diving events for the fourth time this season. Daisy Platts collected a pair of freestyle victories and Lauren Sullivan won two backstroke events. The Orange and Brown won both relays, with Platts and Anna Eriksson swimming a leg on each winning team.
Much of BGSU’s success came from having multiple top three finishers, with eight events featuring three Falcons at the top of the leaderboard. Both diving events, the 100-yard backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly, the 200-yard medley relay and butterfly, and the 500-yard freestyle all saw Falcons take the top three spots. Gillian Boal, Meghan Burnard, Anna Eriksson, Taylor Harris, Kellie House, Kylie Mosset, Julianna Petrak, and Michaela Ruddock each added multiple top three finishes for the Falcons.
With the victory, the Falcons move to 3-0 overall and at home this season. This was their first home meet since Nov. 9, when they defeated Marshall 178-122. Their next chance for a home victory will be in less than 24 hours, with a dual against conference opponent Miami beginning tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.
First Place Falcons
- Talisa Lemke – 3 Meter Dive (317.92)
- Daisy Platts, Taylor Harris, Sarah Hennings, Anna Eriksson – 200-Yard Medley Relay (1:46.87)
- Daisy Platts – 200-Yard Freestyle (1:53.07)
- Lauren Sullivan – 100-Yard Backstroke (57.89)
- Taylor Harris – 100-Yard Breaststroke (1:07.19)
- Anna Eriksson – 200-Yard Butterfly (2:09.08)
- Noelle Lavigne – 50-Yard Freestyle (24.67)
- Talisa Lemke – 1 Meter Dive (328.95)
- Shaunna Jones – 100-Yard Freestyle (53.89)
- Lauren Sullivan – 200-Yard Backstroke (2:04.49)
- Daisy Platts – 500-Yard Freestyle (5:04.14)
- Sarah Hennings – 100-Yard Butterfly (57.22)
- Daisy Platts, Noelle Lavigne, Lauren Sullivan, Anna Eriksson – 200-Yard Freestyle Relay (1:37.77)
- Callie Legere – 2nd Place in 3 Meter Dive (246.90)
- Kylie Mosset – 3rd Place in 3 Meter Dive (244.30)
- Sarah Fergus, Julianna Petrak, Michaela Ruddock, Noelle Lavigne – 2nd Place in 200-Yard Medley Relay (1:51.36)
- Maddy Andrews – 2nd Place in 1000-Yard Freestyle (10:34.86)
- Meghan Burnard – 3rd Place in 1000-Yard Freestyle (10:39.48)
- Shaunna Jones – 4th Place in 1000-Yard Freestyle (10:54.75)
- Kellie House – 2nd Place in 200-Yard Freestyle (1:56.93)
- Rafaela Averbeck – 5th Place in 200-Yard Freestyle (2:04.00)
- Kate Lochridge – 2nd Place in 100-Yard Backstroke (1:00.08)
- Sarah Fergus – 3rd Place in 100-Yard Backstroke (1:00.97)
- Julianna Petrak – 2nd Place in 100-Yard Breaststroke (1:07.60)
- Kasie Perretta – 3rd Place in 100-Yard Breaststroke (1:09.97)
- Michaela Ruddock – 2nd Place in 200-Yard Butterfly (2:11.63)
- Inbar Mark – 3rd Place in 200-Yard Butterfly (2:13.02)
- Gillian Boal – 2nd Place in 50-Yard Freestyle (25.09)
- Sarah Hennings – 5th Place in 50-Yard Freestyle (26.16)
- Kylie Mosset – 2nd Place in 1 Meter Dive (268.05)
- Julia Januszewska – 3rd Place in 1 Meter Dive (234.55)
- Gillian Boal – 3rd Place in 100-Yard Freestyle (55.83)
- Maddy Andrews – 4th Place in 100-Yard Freestyle (56.19)
- Sarah Fergus – 4th Place in 200-Yard Backstroke (2:11.11)
- Inbar Mark – 5th Place in 200-Yard Backstroke (2:11.15)
- Taylor Harris – 2nd Place in 200-Yard Breaststroke (2:25.72)
- Julianna Petrak – 3rd Place in 200-Yard Breaststroke (2:30.98)
- Kasie Perretta – 4th Place in 200-Yard Breaststroke (2:31.90)
- Kellie House – 2nd Place in 500-Yard Freestyle (5:11.10)
- Meghan Burnard – 3rd Place in 500-Yard Freestyle (5:18.10)
- Anna Eriksson – 2nd Place in 100-Yard Butterfly (58.17)
- Michaela Ruddock – 3rd Place in 100-Yard Butterfly (1:01.36)
- Taylor Harris – 2nd Place in 200-Yard Individual Medley (2:15.19)
- Michaela Ruddock – 3rd Place in 200-Yard Individual Medley (2:15.56)
- Maddy Andrews – 4th Place in 200-Yard Individual Medley (2:17.46)
- Julianna Petrak, Sarah Hennings, Gillian Boal, Shaunna Jones – 2nd Place in 200-Yard Freestyle Relay (1:41.14)
“I’m happy with the outcome. It’s always nice to win in front of a home crowd. We were a little rusty, but we’ve been training super hard. It was tough to come back to Bowling Green from Miami, so we had to shake some rust and cobwebs off. Davenport is a good program, and I’m happy with the form and team spirit we showed today. We will prepare for the dual against Miami tomorrow, where we get another chance to perform in front of a home crowd.”
The Falcons will be right back in the pool tomorrow afternoon against MAC opponent Miami. The dual will begin at 1:00 p.m. On Friday, Jan. 24, BGSU will make the trip to Ypsilanti for a MAC dual against Eastern Michigan. That meet will also begin at 1:00 p.m.
Courtesy: Davenport Athletics
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio – The Davenport University women’s swimming & diving team took a break from Division II action on Friday and traveled to Bowling Green for a dual with the Falcons of Division I’s Mid-American Conference (MAC). Bowling Green placed first in 13 of the meet’s 16 events and defeated Davenport 223-76.
Davenport’s three wins came from Emma Wallis in both the 200 IM (2:09.61) and 1000 free (10:31.29) along with Victoria Postmus in the 200 breast (2:25.05). A pair of Panthers touched the wall in second including Jenna Schrotenboer in the 100 free (55.38) and Lauren Bockheim in the 200 back (2:09.41).
As for DU’s third-place finishes, they included Kamilla Linn in the 50 free (25.98), Megan Fraula in the 200 free (2:00.08), Wallis in the 200 back (2:10.03), and the 200 free relay team (1:42.31). The four Panthers in that quartet were Anna Wooters, Schrotenboer, Bockheim, and Riley Faulkner.
Next up on the schedule, Davenport will have its final home meet of the season when it hosts Saginaw Valley State on Saturday, Jan. 25 beginning at 3 p.m.