Team Australia was the most decorated nation this weekend in Gold Coast (AUS), as the city hosted the penultimate leg of the FINA Diving Grand Prix 2018 from November 15-18, 2018.
The home divers stole the gold in the men’s 3m springboard with Kevin Chavez (429.45), in the women’s 10m platform with Emily Boyd (342.30), in the women’s 3m synchro with Georgia Shehan / Esther Qin (263.70) and in the mixed 3m with Anabelle Smith / Domonic Bedgood (280.56).
Team Russia claimed two victories in the men’s 10m (Nikita Shleikher, 459.95) and the men’s 10m synchro (Aleksandr Belevtsev / Nikita Shleikher, 373.56) respectively.
China, Poland and Germany were the other three nations pocketing gold medals on offer in Gold Coast in the women’s springboard (Huang Xiaohui, 306.75), the men’s 3m synchro (Andrzej Rzeszutek / Kacper Lesiak, 382.41), and in the mixed 10m (Christina Wassen / Florian Fandler, 284.10) respectively.
In addition, the USA took two silver medals and one bronze; Canada one silver and one bronze; Japan one silver.
The Diving Grand Prix 2018 concludes in Singapore (SGP) on November 23-25.
Medalists in Gold Coast
Men’s 3m springboard
1. Kevin Chavez (AUS) 429.45; 2. David Boudia (USA) 422.05; 3. Wu Luxian (CHN) 411.75
Men’s 10m platform
Nikita Shleikher (RUS) 459.95; 2. Samuel Fricker (AUS) 383.50
Men’s 3m springboard synchro
1. Andrzej Rzeszutek / Kacper Lesiak (POL) 382.41; 2. Victor Povzner / Henry McKay (CAN)
Men’s 10m platform synchro
1. Aleksandr Belevtsev / Nikita Shleikher (RUS) 373.56
Women’s 3m springboard
1. Huang Xiaohui (CHN) 306.75; 2. Alysha Koloi (AUS) 300.30; 3. Krysta Palmer (USA) 296.75
Women’s 10m platform
1. Emily Boyd (AUS) 342.30; 2. Rin Kaneto (JPN) 310.65; 3. Katrina Young (USA) 263.50
Women’s 3m springboard synchro
1. Georgia Shehan / Esther Qin (AUS) 263.70; 2. Krysta Palmer / Lauren Reedy (USA) 252.90; 3. Alysha Koloi / Tina Punzel (AUS) 229.80
Women’s 10m platform synchro
Mixed 3m Synchronised
1. Anabelle Smith / Domonic Bedgood (AUS) 280.56; 2.Mia Vallee / Josha Inglis (CAN) 269.10; 3. Kaja Skrzek / Kacper Lesiak (POL) 259.80
Mixed 10m Synchronised
1. Christina Wassen / Florian Fandler (GER) 284.10